Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hi newbie - to patch or not to patch  (Read 1007 times)

Centralperkgal

• First Flush
Hi newbie - to patch or not to patch
« on: March 15, 2022, 09:39:53 PM »

👋🏼 I am 46. Went to the Gp with a list of symptoms. I feel like an 86yr old most days…
Tiredness
Itchy skin
Joint pain / body aches and pains
Pins and needles in hands
Anxiety
Weak bladder
Indigestion
Low mood
Hot flushes
Disturbed sleep 
Strong smelly urine
Brain fog

He’s done bloods but has said it’s most likely perimenopause..I’m still having regular periods, although they’re very heavy and clotty  I’ve been given a week to research and think about HRT.. so after reading loads. I’m left wondering… should I have the oestrogen gel and the coil (so I don’t have periods) or just the two types of patches… I did have the coil once before for contraception and it didn’t agree with me.. but for hrt purposes (with the added oestrogen maybe that would be different).. what’s your views on the way forward? Gel, patches, coil, tablets? I’ve also started taking multi vitamins, cod liver oil and evening primrose oil supplements daily.. thanks in advance

Dotty

Re: Hi newbie - to patch or not to patch
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 08:07:47 AM »

Hi there are pros and cons to all of them. Gel and Utrogestan suits me fine. The coil is a good choice as you can just forget about it and is good if you need contraception too. x

EmmaB

• First Flush
Re: Hi newbie - to patch or not to patch
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 08:46:31 PM »

Hi you are the same age as me with almost all the same symptoms.

I have regular periods and started the conti patches a few months ago along with a pessarie for dryness.

My aches and pains went and my mood definitely lifted after a few weeks. Pins and needles went and other symptoms. My mood was a bit all over the place but they say about 3 months to settle. Which now it has.

However now I  have muscle twitching all over which I never had before not sure if this is just coincidence???. Or am so I have a neurological disorder? Still waiting to see a neurologist.  I have posted about this as it scares me so much and I hate it.

After Reading posts everyone is so different you cannot predict what works for who. I hope you find something that suits you x