Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Increased antidepressants and HRT  (Read 714 times)

Gingercatmom

Increased antidepressants and HRT
« on: March 15, 2022, 12:42:31 PM »

Hello ladies, my GP has this week told me to increase my sertraline to 200mg which is the max dose as my depression and anxiety is still bad at times . I'm also on Estrogel and utrogestan. Worried that this isn't safe? Has anyone been on the max sertraline whilst also taking HRT? I'm only small (8 and a half stone) and have health anxiety so I'm scared something awful will happen to me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Increased antidepressants and HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 01:02:02 PM »

I think that raising the dose to try to ease symptoms can really really help.  If your GP suggests it, then it should be OK.  Do you split the dose through the day?  My friend has had success with Sertraline.  You could up the dose today to see how you feel, raising it gradually during the week.  Let us know!

Let us know how you get on.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 

Gingercatmom

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 01:46:03 PM »

I worry that the GP doesn't seem very knowledgeable about HRT and menopause. I'd much rather take advice from you ladies on this forum. I find it very reassuring x

Shannonplussed

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 12:51:11 AM »

What’s your dosage before increasing to 200mg?
I found I needed to/was able to reduce my Sertraline 75mg dosage to 50mg once my HRT was in a good place. Too much estrogen + too much Sertraline makes me feel like my brain is screaming.