Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Diet Tips for Post Menopausal Weight Gain  (Read 5502 times)

Pepski

Re: Diet Tips for Post Menopausal Weight Gain
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2022, 09:23:17 AM »

Hey holidaylover,

sorry to hear you have had a few blips - it's frustrating trying to establish what causes what these days. I have times myself where I think is that new or am I imagining it - the latest is really dry skin. Blooming menopause. Hope you are balancing out again and feeling good. Not long til your holiday!!!!

As we're supposed to be talking about diet (we were at one point!) thought I'd see if you've tried any of the Hairy Bikers Diet books? I'm really happy with dipping into them at the mo having left them gathering dust for years.

I even made the lemon and blueberry muffins the other day just to show willing on the baking front as all around me lose their collective heads over the Jubilee! I'd forgotten how nice they were. Sadly they were eaten before they had cooled enough for icing (there were a few of us don't worry!) but that just saved a few cals anyway so it's a win.

This week's fave recipes have been Spanish Style Chicken Bake and the Salmon with Chilli Ginger Sauce. I checked and they are available online so you could have a look if don't have the books.

I cook similarly to this anyway (love an all in one roasting tin full of veg etc) but sometimes I just like following a recipe for focus and to see if I pick up something new.

Anyway, share a fave (low cal if poss) recipe if you can? By the way - love your not knowing your tarragon from your coriander,  sounds like a metaphor for menopause! Feels like I've not known my parsley from my basil for years now.......

Keep smiling x Peps

Pepski

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2022, 10:11:16 AM »

Hello Bungo,

you're probably right about seeing greater effect if I start cold but the fear is I'll be on the floor within 10 mins!
Anyway, got to start somewhere and the classes look really varied (I do get bored in a gym on my own) so hoping I can do this for the 6 week course and then take from it to keep a programme of sorts back in my normal gym on my own. Obvs the HIIT classes are still a lot more expensive than my normal membership so long term not sure I could keep them up. So many things I need to spend money on this year (inc private meno consult and all of that malarkey which is really adding up).

Gosh, did NOT see any of this on the horizon as a skinny, fit 22 year old.

Have you done some HIIT classes/training yourself then? Interested to hear from others about it.

Best, Peps.

Bungo

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2022, 08:53:34 AM »

Hi Pepski, I started doing 1 on 1 strength training lessons and then progressed to a class setting after a few months after I'd learned the basics. I then was confident to lift on my own without any classes. I built alot of muscle over the past few years and can eat the same as I did pre menopause as my metabolic rate hasn't decreased.Ive more muscle than I ever had in my life.  I didn't do hiit at any stage I'm afraid but found pure strength training to be great. I'd be on the floor myself and if tried hiit! Strength train isn't so intense but   long term effects are amazing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]