Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Post menopause bleeding  (Read 1194 times)

Nics67

Post menopause bleeding
« on: May 31, 2022, 03:01:47 PM »

I have recently taken a ‘natural’ supplement two years after my last period. I couldn’t get in with HRT. However I have had a fairly heavy period which was a bit of a shock. The supplement is called Menofriend. My GP is arranging a scan but suspects it’s the supplement. Has anyone else had this happen? I’m a bit freaked out tbh!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 05:27:47 PM by Nics67 »

KarineT

Re: Post menopause bleeding
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 06:14:14 PM »

Hi Nics67,

I, too, take a natural supplement but not the one you've mentioned.  Mine is called Femarelle Recharge and it seems to work a treat.  Maybe you shoukd give this one a go. I am just over 2 years postmeno, I have never been on HRT, and I haven't had a bleed since my last period.  I can't imagine that the supplement you're taking is causing you to bleed.  Also, I don't suppose it's your periods coming back after 2 years without a monthly bleed.  That's not possible after this length of time.

KarineT

Re: Post menopause bleeding
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 09:27:03 PM »

May I ask when you stopped HRT?  Were you taking both oestrogen & progesterone?  If you were, it could be that the progesterone is not out of your system yet and is causing some withdrawal bleeding as a side-effect.