Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Feeling suicidal on mirena coil. :(  (Read 4091 times)

Perinowpost

Re: Feeling suicidal on mirena coil. :(
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2022, 01:42:20 PM »

You need the mirena removing Loonrider, you shouldn’t have to sedate yourself with Valium. I persevered for 6 months with the mirena but it never got any better. My practitioner agreed I’d tried long enough and removed it. It doesn’t suit everyone. You are allowed to advocate for yourself and ask for it removing. Good luck and let us know how you get on x

loonarider

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2022, 02:37:28 PM »

Thank you Perinow,

I've been wanting to get it removed, but now going to have to wait til next week Tuesday since I've now accepted the diazepam.

I may just take it so I can at least manage these horrible symptoms until the removal day :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2022, 02:55:40 PM »

By which time you will be more relaxed about the issue.  Agreed though, the GP should have arranged for removal today  :-\

loonarider

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2022, 03:05:18 PM »

By which time you will be more relaxed about the issue.  Agreed though, the GP should have arranged for removal today  :-\

Its kind of my fault. She offered to have it removed today and then mentioned diazepam so was confused what to do. So silly of me, and now have to wait. :(

Flossieteacake

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2022, 03:37:07 PM »

Its kind of my fault. She offered to have it removed today and then mentioned diazepam so was confused what to do. So silly of me, and now have to wait. :(

You are not silly. It is confusing at hard to know what to do. There is a chance the diazepam will help too. It is good you have an appointment next week. In the meantime I hope the diazepam helps with the anxiety.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2022, 03:37:50 PM »

Don't beat yourself up.  You made the decision, it's not a bad decision.  The medication should help relax you. 

loonarider

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2022, 05:38:02 PM »

Thank you guys! I'll keep you updated here xxx :D

Suzysheep

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2022, 07:40:45 PM »

I can’t tolerate progesterone. It made me psychotic! I had to stop HRT… which lead to a nervous breakdown.
I was prescribed diazepam, but the 2 mg didn’t really do much for me…. And I was really scared of getting addicted to it. It acts really fast, which is good.

I would get an appointment to get it taken out before next week if I were you.
I’m sorry you’re struggling…feeling suicidal is absolutely awful… I felt it too. It’s hard to believe how bad hormones can make you!

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2022, 07:53:12 PM »

How often did you take 2mg ............. under supervision it doesn't need to become addictive. 

Roadrunner

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2022, 08:04:33 PM »

Hello
Just to add ... my Mirena stayed in about 48 hours! It made me feel really jittery, pulse racing, very unwell indeed, l cannot describe the feeling exactly, just very unsettled.
The GP was reluctant and really tried to get me to give it time to settle but I insisted and felt better within 24 hours.
If you know, you know!
Got on fine with Femseven later on (same progestogen) so I can only assume it was something to do with where I was in perimenopause at the time.
Hope you get through the next few days.
RR

loonarider

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2022, 08:11:18 PM »

Hello
Just to add ... my Mirena stayed in about 48 hours! It made me feel really jittery, pulse racing, very unwell indeed, l cannot describe the feeling exactly, just very unsettled.
The GP was reluctant and really tried to get me to give it time to settle but I insisted and felt better within 24 hours.
If you know, you know!
Got on fine with Femseven later on (same progestogen) so I can only assume it was something to do with where I was in perimenopause at the time.
RR

Thank you! How did it feel having it taken out? Hopefully not as bad as being put in as that was nightmarish for me.

loonarider

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2022, 08:13:26 PM »

Hello
If you know, you know!
RR

Also to add, I experienced the same as you soon after it was inserted, then it petered out about 3-4 weeks in. Now there is no jitteryness, just horrible adrenaline surges in the early hours and the suicidal thoughts. Its so scary. I may call my GP and ask for it to removed earlier.

loonarider

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2022, 08:14:55 PM »

I can’t tolerate progesterone. It made me psychotic! I had to stop HRT… which lead to a nervous breakdown.
I was prescribed diazepam, but the 2 mg didn’t really do much for me…. And I was really scared of getting addicted to it. It acts really fast, which is good.

I would get an appointment to get it taken out before next week if I were you.
I’m sorry you’re struggling…feeling suicidal is absolutely awful… I felt it too. It’s hard to believe how bad hormones can make you!

That souunds scary, I hope I don't have a nervous breakdown after its removed. I don't think I can handle anymore mental gymnastics :(

Roadrunner

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2022, 08:31:50 PM »

Taking it out was a piece of cake. Took seconds and totally painless.
It's so annoying isn't it? Like you I was really hoping it would be The Thing To Help - contraception and HRT in one hit. Perfect!
And .... even more annoyingly all my friends swear by it. I was just swearing at it!
RR xx

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2022, 09:16:45 PM »

loonarider - stop over thinking ?  Once it's out the hormone won't be released so the body will deal with what is left.  MayB ring the Surgery tomorrow to get it removed? 
Pages: 1 [2] 3