Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Awful mornings  (Read 1744 times)

Nik2502

Awful mornings
« on: March 15, 2022, 09:08:47 AM »

Hi

When I start to wake up I suddenly start having strange dreams which then turn in to awful anxiety and tears. I feel like I can feel the blood running through my veins.
It’s awful and I find it really frightening.
Is it common that mornings are the worst? 
My GP has prescribed some propranolol but not sure whether to take it at night or in the morning?
I’ve also just increased my oestrogen to 100 from 75 to try and address my low mood (I’m definitely not depressed as I’ve felt totally different when I have suffered depression).
Any advice would be much appreciated xx

VanillaLover

Re: Awful mornings
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 02:38:14 PM »

Yeah mornings are the worst time for me with anxiety. I sometimes wake up with a start/vivid dreams like you describe, but even when not I still suffer from knot in stomach,sweaty palms, etc pretty much every morning. I find it tends to dissipate around lunchtime and evenings can be OK. Do you find you feel better as the day goes on?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 02:54:36 PM »

What does Propranolol?  I was prescribed 80mg 3 times a day initially, then down to 40mg at night.  I took 20mg at night successfully for years. 

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 02:54:54 PM »

Dose even  ::)

Nik2502

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 05:47:46 PM »

Thank you ladies. It’s such an awful way to wake up and start the day.
I do find I feel better by lunchtime. I’ve tried changing when I use my HRT but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.
@CLKD I’m only taking 10mg three times a day - did taking it at night help you in the mornings? X

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 06:15:16 PM »

Hello ladies.

I used to have similar feelings in the morning. I would wake up with a start as if someone had pumped adrenaline into me. It would then go through my body from head to toe. I wasn't aware of dreaming or worrying about anything and the sensations felt entirely chemical.  Like many of you I would feel better as the day progressed and be fine in the evening and at bedtime.

I honestly can't remember if all this was before I tried HRT but I haven't had these experiences for a long time so perhaps this phase burns itself out eventually.

I am sorry that I can't be of more help but you are certainly not alone with this horrible meno symptom.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2022, 07:06:17 PM »

My GP prescribed it to ease early morning surges so last thing at night suited me.  Does your regime help?

Suzysheep

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 07:32:26 PM »

I experienced awful morning anxiety when I came off HRT. I would wake at 4 am shaking like a leaf. I could practically feel the adrenaline rush fill me up. It was awful, I’m sorry you’re going through this.
The thing that helped me most was phenergan. It’s an antihistamine. I took one at night. Slept like a baby and woke at a normal time with a lot less anxiety. The down side was I felt sleepy all day.

I was eventually put on venlafaxine. That has made the anxiety disappear thankfully.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2022, 07:57:23 PM »

tnx for the. update Suzysheep.  I would wake suddenly anytime after 3.30 a.m. in deep fear.

ATB

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 05:28:35 PM »

Oh anxiety is such a common symptom then huh. Have you tried magnesium glycinate? I’m taking it and find it helps for morning anxiety and panic attacks. Also you could try getting straight up and exercising?

Nik2502

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 09:06:16 PM »

Oh anxiety is such a common symptom then huh. Have you tried magnesium glycinate? I’m taking it and find it helps for morning anxiety and panic attacks. Also you could try getting straight up and exercising?

Exercising? What’s that swear word you use?  ;D

Nik2502

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2022, 09:09:03 PM »

Thank you everyone. I’ve found if I have a good cry I feel a bit better - like a release!
Also propranolol is helping x

ATB

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2022, 10:12:23 AM »

Exercising? What’s that swear word you use?  ;D

Ha! Yes I know it can be tough during this but I swear it helps if you can make yourself do it. For anxiety even just getting up and skipping, walking around, star jumps…. Since I got my HRT right I can exercise like I haven’t in years! 5-6 days a week now.

Dawnp

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2022, 10:48:06 AM »

Could I just ask you a question about this? I have been taking Magnesium Citrate but wondered if you have found Magnesium Glycinate better? Just debating whether to buy some of that as well!

ATB

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2022, 10:49:34 AM »

Could I just ask you a question about this? I have been taking Magnesium Citrate but wondered if you have found Magnesium Glycinate better? Just debating whether to buy some of that as well!

Yes I used to take citrate but it gave me a funny tummy and did nothing for sleep or anxiety! I think diff ones apparently work for diff issues? But this one worked straight away for me.
Pages: [1] 2