Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel Patches with acid reflux and stomach discomfort  (Read 2717 times)

Oliversut01

Evorel Patches with acid reflux and stomach discomfort
« on: March 15, 2022, 06:29:43 AM »

Hi All

Has anyone experienced really bad reflux and stomach discomfort with Evorel Patches and Utrogestan, had to switch from Elleste Solo about 6 months ago because they were discontinued but now thinking my recent awful stomach issues are related to the HRT. Any help would be appreciated. ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Evorel Patches with acid reflux and stomach discomfort
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 08:55:42 AM »

Hormones can certainly cause reflux.  As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains which includes the risk of hiatus hernia.  B4 taking HRT did you suffer wind/indigestion ever?

There are various medications that the GP can prescribe to ease reflux, mayB ask for a referral to an NHS Menopause Clinic?

Oliversut01

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 04:46:40 PM »

I did in and out but nothing like now, has been so bad I have had an endoscopy which has elevated my anxiety more. It's the constant stomach discomfort and mucus in my throat that is really getting me down.
Have an appointment with GP next week (couldn't get in before!) and will have to discuss current HRT as maybe not working any more. Really hope I can get sorted and it isn't anything more serious.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 07:13:02 PM »

Were you using utrogestan with the solo or is this new for you?

Taz x

ATB

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 02:50:02 PM »

Did your symptoms start when you started HRT? Or get worse? I think Utrogestan causes me a few issues but it’s hard to tell. Have you thought about taking a probiotic?