Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Is this a hot flush?  (Read 916 times)

Gingercatmom

Is this a hot flush?
« on: March 11, 2022, 01:42:15 PM »

Hello all me again with one of my many questions. Im a bit concerned. Ive just come home from food shopping feeling particularly anxious with palpitations for no reason. My face started getting very hot and has now gone seriously red. It actually feels like bad sunburn. This has happened a couple of times over the last week but today is more intense. Got a bit of a headache starting too. It's this what a hot flush feels like? I'm not actually sweating, it's only my face (and ears!) That have gone like a tomato. I've also started to get a very dry mouth, tingly tongue and lips. Worried it could be an allergic reaction to the Estrogel I've recently started

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is this a hot flush?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 02:22:51 PM »

I doubt if the reaction would be those symptoms.  It sounds more like a hormone or energy surge.  When did U last eat?  A drop in blood sugar can cause similar feelings.

Hot ears and face mayB a flush.  There are various ways in which they materialise  >:( which can be confusing.  Get a cuppa and biscuit down you ;-) then report back.

Gingercatmom

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 02:42:36 PM »

I lay on the settee for a tiny nap haha (that happens a lot these days). Feeling ok now, hot face has gone. I shall nervously wait for any other new symptoms to arise

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 02:58:50 PM »

Keep the body fuelled and hydrated ;-)