Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Trans vaginal ultrasound results  (Read 1304 times)

lizzog

Trans vaginal ultrasound results
« on: March 11, 2022, 04:18:22 PM »

Didn’t bleed for nearly a year then has a period. Was sent for bloods and internal scan last July and all came back normal and said within post menopausal limits. Had Mirena removed and now on utrogestan and Estrogel. Had another bleed in December which they put down to mirena being removed and then had another one in February which was pretty heavy. Had another scan and it says endometrial lining is 4mm got a small fibroid and a cyst. Got a phone call with Drs again in two weeks on their request so I’m now catastrophising 🙁 woman who did the scan said all ok as she could see but she needed to report the cyst

lizzog

Re: Trans vaginal ultrasound results
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 04:20:12 PM »

Oops pressed too soon! She also said in her report that if I am post menopausal it looks benign and if not then it’s a normal functional follicle- I’m so confused!

MrsRoo

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 11:38:54 PM »

Hi Lizzog. I’m sorry to hear that you’re stressing. I’m a catastrophiser too so I fully understand. I had exactly the same thing in 2019. Can I ask if you’re on continuous Utrogestan? Every day as opposed to only part of the month? I was on continuous HRT at the time and it turned out that my thickened lining was because I was still having periods but they were unable to shed due to the continuous progesterone. I was put on sequential HRT (daily Oestrogel and Utrogestan just 12 days a month) and now I have a monthly bleed again and all is well. Please try not to worry and let us know how you get on. Roo xx

Flan747

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 07:45:42 AM »

Hi MrsRoo, I’ve just posted asking this exact question! I’ve been on Utrogestron continuous for a year now and am still getting regular normal periods and was asking if this is normal?

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 09:37:49 AM »

Do you know if you're peri or meno? If peri you can expect bleeding on a conti regime so you would be better either on a sequi regime or else to use a mirena for the prog which will normally prevent bleeding.

Flan747

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 10:24:38 AM »

Hi Sheila I’m peri! I like it as it helps
me sleep so should I do say 23 days on with a 3 day break would that be sufficient do you think ?

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2022, 10:35:58 PM »

If you're late peri it should be OK. Earlier on when you have regular bleeds with a good flow then probably not.

Flan747

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 06:32:06 AM »

Perfect thank you Sheila!

lizzog

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 03:31:21 PM »

Yes I’m on continuous Utrogestan 👍

lizzog

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 08:16:39 AM »

Just wanted to resurrect this post.  Finally was referred to a consultant Gynae after the scan results that I had in March.  Saw him last night and he wants to repeat the scan for his peace of mind.  He did say that the Utrogestan that I'm on can cause break through bleeding unlike the Mirena.  I don't want another Mirena fitted (56 years now and I'm quite happy not to have one).  The last scan showed 4mm thickness and a submucosal 15mm fibroid and a 21mm unilocular follicle/cyst with no associated vascularity considered benign.
Hopefully I'll get the next scan fairly soon and I can stop worrying!!