Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Post Covid or Postmenopause?  (Read 1290 times)

Postmeno3

Post Covid or Postmenopause?
« on: March 13, 2022, 05:17:48 PM »

Hi there,
I'm just having a bit of a "stock-take" and wondering how much of what I'm experiencing now ("symptoms") is a result of coming out of an unprecedented time or hormonal or one exacerbating the other. I suppose I have the "advantage" of only trialling systemic HRT for a year, but there was a lot of restriction and adjustment (demand) during that year that I've maybe missed the impact of? Have we all, we systemic ladies, had more fuel added to our fire without realising it or factoring it in? I know I was so much better pre-pandemic than during and during which HRT was introduced. Any thoughts on your own situation, ladies? Just curious about this interesting dimension! 🤔
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 05:19:27 PM by Postmeno3 »

Marchlove

Re: Post Covid or Postmenopause?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 07:35:47 AM »

You might find some answers in this article Postmeno3

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fendo.2021.726696/full

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 08:55:16 AM »

Hi

I’ve been much worse since December and the third jab. I think the last two years has taken its toll on most people either at the time or now. Plus the current world situation is scary too.

I’ve switched, increased, decreased my HRT but to no satisfactory end. I still feel flat and bleh!

X

Postmeno3

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 09:48:10 AM »

*Nik2502
Sorry to hear you're still feeling as you do. I suppose what I'm curious about is how living through and with such a "threat" may have made things more difficult hormonally and maybe to bring more into the awareness that this may have caused additional upheaval in trying to establish or manage regimes, almost without us factoring in that element? Sorry, maybe I'm waffling, probably am, but it could be interesting to hear from those who felt reasonably stable pre-Covid and are less so now? I realise hormones fluctuate anyway which is why I popped this onto the Postmenopause board.

Jane_w

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 10:33:23 AM »

I think this is very interesting postmeno3 and is certainly something I've considered as I've gone from 'managing ok' pre covid when I was just entering full post meno to 'seriously unable to cope' now. I have had added stress at home but see that as compounding the situation. Ive often wondered over last 2yrs about how the relationship between  adrenaline, cortisol and female hormones works in prolonged stressful situations...especially from a menopause perspective..if there's a clever science/med person out there who knows anything about it I'd be interested!

Postmeno3

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 10:51:12 AM »

There are definite links, for sure! 👍