Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleeding due to thin lining of uterus/atrophy  (Read 1659 times)

SallyPickle

Bleeding due to thin lining of uterus/atrophy
« on: March 11, 2022, 03:18:00 PM »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has been diagnosed with endometrial/uterine atrophy which caused post menopausal bleeding? 

I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with this (2.2mm lining) and with an ovarian cyst.  At repeat ultrasound in July last year cyst had gone and lining was still only 2.2mm.  I am now bleeding again and GP has suggested increasing vagifem from twice a week to every day for a few weeks. I don’t know how this will help as I didn’t think it would reach the uterus? 

I have been on evorel conti hrt patches for 6 years and the GP also suggested changing this in case this was the cause of the bleeding but I don’t see why as the bleeding didn’t start until I’d been on it for just over 4 years.

Sorry for the long message!  Would be so grateful for any advice or shared experiences. 

Thank you 😊

Sally x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bleeding due to thin lining of uterus/atrophy
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 03:44:42 PM »

I would ask for a referral to an NHS Menopause Clinic as there are waiting lists.

Upping the 'vagifem' isn't the usual advice unless symptoms are problematic.

How R your periods generally?

SallyPickle

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 07:04:20 PM »

Hi there, thanks so much for your message. I don’t have periods, I haven’t for 7 years.  I’ve been on Evorel Conti for 6 years.  The symptoms do feel problematic as I shouldn’t be having bleeding/spotting on the conti especially after no periods for so long.  I’m 58 by the way 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 07:59:09 PM »

Any unexplained bleeding after a break should be checked, a scan may be appropriate?

SallyPickle

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 04:01:08 PM »

Perhaps but I only had one 7 months ago and the scan I had 13 months before that was the same thickness and they said no issue.  It’s all very confusing 🙄