Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Does peri cause digestive issues?  (Read 5173 times)

Dorothy Gale

Re: Does peri cause digestive issues?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2022, 08:46:09 AM »

Thanks Bettina. I appreciate your reply and help.

There's soooo much contradictory advice out there that I'm really overwhelmed. With digestion I've read not to drink with meals as it dilutes digestive enzymes....then others say do.

I should be eating this...I should be avoiding that...I should stop eating this.....and eat more of this ..

I'm literally at a loss. It's a minefield.

I can't exercise as I suffer from M.E (Chronic fatigue syndrome) so much as I'd like to, walking, exercise, getting out in nature is not an option for me.

My body has never played by the rules of your average healthy person and so issues I have always tend to remain a mystery especially to the medical profession and what helps others, generally doesn't help me.

I'm just so sick of being a slave to my stomach issues now. 6 months of hell so far. Whenever I've had any issues I've always gone down the test/investigation route but with no outcome as my body is just a mystery. Anyone with M.E or knows of someone with the condition will understand what I mean.

Has anyone here in time found there digestive issues subside at all? No one has said this so far.........just to continue to eat bland or what I'm able which is very little but this can't go on long term!

I know the gut is the 2nd brain. It's highly sensitive to stress too which I'm under a lot of which isn't helping.

Anyway. Thanks for all who have replied xxx 🙏 😃

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2022, 09:41:05 AM »

Morning.

Yes to the ginger.  It's a soother.

I also had a thunk yesterday, mayB ask to speak to an ENT Surgeon.  It may be that the violent stomach upset may have altered something in the nasal passages/throat lining. 

When I was on The Pill I lost my sense of smell for nice things - other than for garbage  >:(.  I can't remember my sense of taste being altered .  It was when I stopped taking The Pill that I realised and could again, smell roses, freesias, mown grass. 

Tamoxifen did the same, altered my sense of smell.  Awful.  Even now, my morning cuppa is lovely as the day goes by the taste alters  :-\

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2022, 10:05:57 AM »

Thanks CLKD.

Don't think it's an ENT issue. It's definitely digestive. I know perimenopause can cause lots of food issues including loss of taste, smell etc. I watched a very informative video about it that recently

https://youtu.be/yuXn2V_DKYU

Also thought I know stress and anxiety can change smell and taste too.

Anxiety can cause a wide range of physiological symptoms, including a bitter or metallic taste in your mouth. Research has shown that there's a strong connection between taste changes and stress — perhaps because of the chemicals that are released in your body as part of the fight-or-flight response.

This has definitely happened to me in last 2 weeks of extreme stress.

Minefield. 💣

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2022, 12:03:39 PM »

Oh don't let go of that Mine  ;D

My gut is the first thing to 'go' when anxiety levels rise  :'( followed by not being able to tolerate the thought of food stuffs.  What have you managed today thus far?

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2022, 12:21:46 PM »

So kind of you to reply. Thank you.

Yeh I think my issues tummy wise have definitely worsened in last 2 weeks due to a house move, including now zero appetite, just the smell or thought of food makes me heave and increased tummy knots, loose stools......a slave to my emotions me......the joy.

I'm just picking really....bit of ham out the fridge, 3 breakfast biscuits, 2 cups if decaf tea...

I think some  of my issues will settle once we have moved and we are settled. I don't cope well with change and in the space of 2 weeks we have found our new home, bought it, put ours on market and sold it! Plus I'm very ill anyway with M.E so it all adds into the mix.

Thank you for your communications x

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2022, 01:02:55 PM »

Criky.  That would take most of us off our feet - well done though.  Keep nibbling.  It doesn't matter what, your body will take energy that it needs from anything that goes through.  I would tip the decaf tea leaves into the compost directly ;-).

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2022, 01:05:34 PM »

Thank you so much for your support. I really appreciate your time and help  :) xx
Pages: 1 2 [3]