Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femoston 2/10 switch from Everol  (Read 1229 times)

Flamingo

Femoston 2/10 switch from Everol
« on: March 11, 2022, 09:35:35 AM »

Does anyone know what true equivalent estrogen is in Femoston 2/10 compared to Everol patches.  I was on 100mg patch but had high estrogen symptoms so reduced to 75mg.  Memo doc suggested trying tablets Femoston as wasn’t getting on with utrogestan and still not feeling great.  Have taken 2 weeks of Femoston and last week have had disturbed sleep and waking early.  Anxiety is high as clenching teeth again at night.  Wondering if drop in esteogen to blame.  Does anyone supplement Femoston with a patch, can you do this safely? Would really appreciate some help.  Wondering if I should go back to the patch. Thank you x

Dawnp

Re: Femoston 2/10 switch from Everol
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 01:20:23 PM »

I was trying to find this info as well. It seems to vary depending on which comparison chart you look at. Newson  Clinic - see below - says a 2mg tablet is equal to a 100 patch. But Women’s Health Concern say it’s only equal to a 50 patch. I tried tablets for a little while and my gp was happy to supplement with a patch.

https://www.womens-health-concern.org/help-and-advice/factsheets/hrt-types-doses-and-regimens/

https://balance-menopause.com/uploads/2021/10/Equivalent-doses.pdf

Flamingo

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 10:25:15 PM »

Thanks for your reply Dawn.  It’s so confusing. Did you give up with the tablets?

Dawnp

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 10:43:05 PM »

I only tried them for a couple of weeks but had a bad reaction to the synthetic progesterone in them so then went back to patches. However, I now think I should have switched to the estrogen only tablet, and taken separate progesterone. Might have to try that next as patches aren’t working. Incidentally, the bad reaction I had to the progestin in the tablets was severe anxiety so it’s worth considering whether you’re are reacting to that, rather than not getting enough estrogen. Hard to tell I know!

Flamingo

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 02:31:19 PM »

🤦🏽‍♀️ what strength patch are you on? Can you get oestrogen only pills then? And what separate progesteon?

When did you get the anxiety, I’m only on day 2 of the yellow pills (progesterone ones)

So fed up of it all! X

Dawnp

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 09:30:43 AM »

I’m currently up to 200 patches, without successs.
You can get estrogen only tablets but you would need a separate progesterone. I’ve only had Utrogestan but have been told by the menopause clinic that I could go back to the progesterone only contraceptive pill I was previously using if I need to, because I didn’t have any problems on it. There are other progesterones though I believe, if you think yours doesn’t suit you.
I started to feel anxious really quickly on the mixed tablet.
If you had symptoms when you were on the estrogen only part of the tablets it’s unlikely to be a problem with the progesterone though. So maybe you were not getting enough estrogen and your thought about not getting enough estrogen with the tablet might be right? It’s so hard to tell. I would probably speak to your gp about it. I agree about being fed up with it all!

Flamingo

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 09:40:19 PM »

Wow 200 is that Everol or estadot.  I found I got on better with Everol as soy based. 

I was on 100mg but found it too much so went down to 75 but didn’t get on with utrogestan and always felt anxious but I did sleep much better.

Feeling better on the tablets during the day but not sleeping great at night. 

Good idea to go back on pill if it suited you, solves that part of the problem. 

Have you had bloods taken?

My E very high but androgens very low.  I take testosterone which really helps.

Dawnp

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 09:31:48 AM »

I’m currently using Evorel patches. My bloods were last taken 3 months ago and my level then was only 236, but I’m postmeno so my levels were only 50 before I started hrt.
It sounds like really good news if you are feeling better during the day, and with any luck your sleep might start to improve as well.