Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: What to drink ........  (Read 4438 times)

jaypo

Re: What to drink ........
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2022, 09:56:50 AM »

Me too LM, I tried to come off coffee so bought a load assorted flavoured tea,even the expensive loose leaf ones,didn't like ANY of them  >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2022, 12:50:47 PM »

Nor me.  They went into our compost ;-)

jaypo

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2022, 01:12:31 PM »

My daughter ONLY drinks herbal teas, loves them. Funny how taste varies.

QueenofReds3

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2022, 04:31:32 PM »

I love elderflower sparkling. It’s light and refreshing but a bit pricey for the Belvoir one. Also like apple juice. Otherwise it’s water. I am not fond of herbal teas , I have them in the afternoon at work but manage a couple of sips only.
I love coffee bu now stick to 2 cups max in the morning.

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2022, 04:47:26 PM »

Oh that's me too,limit myself to two cups a day and NEVER after 3.30pm

Ju Ju

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2022, 11:30:29 PM »

I think fruit or peppermint teas are an acquired taste. I can’t drink coffee and have always loathed normal tea. I used to drink loads of coffee, but found it gave me stomach ache. I love the smell of coffee though. I had to find something to drink other than water. I persevered with them. Can’t stand camomile tea or blackcurrant tea though. The latter smells like cat pee!

Minusminnie

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2022, 07:18:47 AM »

We now drink Chai tea bought loose from a west country merchant and brewed in a pot.  Warm the pot, stir and leave for 4 mins to brew then pour.  Can't be doing with brewing in a mug ! Leaves go on the garden or in the food bin.  I have it with oat milk OH usual milk. I still buy loose black tea for OH but very rarely drink it now.  Chai tea spices are meant to have health benefits.

jaypo

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2022, 09:29:48 AM »

It's green tea my daughter drinks by the gallon,eeuuwwww how COULD she 🤢

C.C.

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2022, 06:18:27 PM »

I make a green tea in my travel mug every morning for work :), I add a bit of honey for some sweetness...yum!
I also enjoy decaf Earl Grey and lemon ginger tea. I'm off orange pekoe for some reason.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2022, 06:27:03 PM »

I bypass decaffeinated  ;D

4 mins makes a too heavy brew for me, too much tannin.  MayB jaypo your daughter hasn't any taste buds.   ;D

Tea leaves go into the compost or around the heather plants, camellias or bilberry pots. 

Mogster71

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2022, 06:34:17 PM »

I love normal everyday tea...I tried drinking coffee and like the smell but can only tolerate it every now and again. I used to love a glass of rose with my main meal but I've gone off it and tend to drink tea in the evening as well now.

Not a big fan of the herbals apart from Fennel strangely enough (nice if you like aniseed). Some fruit teas are nice - Twinings Peach and Orange, also Triple Ginger (with lemon it reminds me of Lemsip) but I agree that most smell better than they taste  ;D What about Roobois? You can get some gently flavoured ones of those?

Can you drink milk, either dairy or non-dairy? If you like a milkshake you could try adding some of the flavoured coffee syrups (hazelnut or caramel are my favourites) to a glass. Or to a hot chocolate.... just to give a bit of variety.

We bought an Aarke water carbonator and my OH drinks lots of fizzy water added to squash/cordial. If I'm out I'll drink a bitter lemon or something like that, but Elderflower cordial or the Belvoir/Bottlegreen brands do some nice varieties. :)

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2022, 09:58:29 PM »

Tnx.  I've got a Belvoir with ginger which I added bottled water to.  Quite tasty, DH worked out the 1:10 dilution. 

Tea is OK - the 1st two cuppas after which it goes 'off'.   ::)

I can't drink milk unless completely cold, shakes gives I wind they does  :D

getting_old

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2022, 07:28:42 PM »

I used to like Ribena with sparkling water. Now only drink it if I'm wearing purple  ;D

Two hoots

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2022, 07:33:35 PM »

I used to like Ribena with sparkling water. Now only drink it if I'm wearing purple  ;D

I only drink it with hot water when I have a cold  :)

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2022, 07:37:12 PM »

Vimto any1 ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4