Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Tender glands under chin  (Read 763 times)

Debbiedoo

• First Flush
Tender glands under chin
« on: March 10, 2022, 10:41:10 AM »

Hi,
I am post menopausal, struggling with sleep and night flushes, which I am sure others can relate to.

One thing that has been happening for a while is tender glands under the jaw, it just comes and goes every so often, I can't see anywhere that this is a symptom of menopause, but wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced this before I make an appointment with a GP.
Much appreciated

jaypo

Re: Tender glands under chin
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 01:17:43 PM »

Are you feeling ok (apart from menopause) usually if you're fighting an infection or,like me,mine can swell because of inflammation down to arthritis,always good to check with your GP though  :)

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 01:20:09 PM »

I wouldn't of thought it's to do with the menopause. It's very easy to assume that any new ailment is because of the menopause.
I'd be inclined to wait & see & monitor it for a few more days - if no improvement then contact your G.P.
Let us know how you get on.
Cazi x

Debbiedoo

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 02:03:08 PM »

I wouldn't of thought it's to do with the menopause. It's very easy to assume that any new ailment is because of the menopause.
I'd be inclined to wait & see & monitor it for a few more days - if no improvement then contact your G.P.
Let us know how you get on.
Cazi x

Thank you

Debbiedoo

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 02:07:03 PM »

Are you feeling ok (apart from menopause) usually if you're fighting an infection or,like me,mine can swell because of inflammation down to arthritis,always good to check with your GP though  :)

Hi jaypo,
It's strange you should mention the arthritis, I know I have osteoarthritis in my hips and back, but also have it in my fingers too, which hasn't been diagnosed. I have read that Rheumatoid arthritis can cause your glands to swell..is that what you have?? It can't possibly be an infection as it comes and goes periodically, if it was an infection somewhere, then would it not be there all the time?

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 03:58:20 PM »

Yes it's rheumatoid arthritis I have,my fingers and in some of my toes, I also have diverticulitis which is another cause for glands to rise,the joys of ageing  ::)