Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: BLOOD TEST RESULTS - Dr Studd''s clinc  (Read 853 times)

Vicky81

BLOOD TEST RESULTS - Dr Studd''s clinc
« on: March 09, 2022, 11:20:39 AM »

Hi all, (sorry i think i put this under postmenopause section instead of all things menopause!)

I feel a bit frustrated at the mo. I had the basic FSH blood test at the GP surgery on 31st December - all normal.

I have been on 4 pumps Oestrogel with Testosterone gel for 15 days today. I had a blood test at Dr Studd's clinic (where i am under the care of DR Watson) and paid for this as i was eager to see what the results would be, and to have an idea if i am low on anything.

The blood test was done on Friday just gone, and had a call from Dr Watson this morning to say all is normal apart from testosterone - slightly high range so to ensure i am only using a pea sized amount. I just feel a bit down as i was hoping they were going to say - yes your oestrogen is low (i am having anxiety as my main symptom) so i just wondering why this is normal?

the checklist of symptoms i ticked were basically ALL of them - night sweats/anxiety/crying all time/moody/irrational....i am 41 just turned.

Any advice would be great xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: BLOOD TEST RESULTS - Dr Studd''s clinc
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 11:51:57 AM »

Replied in your other post, no need to have 2 on the same topic  ;)

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 01:45:06 PM »

Sorry - i thought i had put it under wrong heading....xx

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 01:48:13 PM »

Just wondering why the blood test comes back as normal (especially oestrogen) when clearly i am suffering from peri! Is it just the fact that its early for me? I am new to all this so.....xx

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 01:51:25 PM »

I know how frustrating it is when you just want to feel well but my advice is to be patient. You need to give any regime 3 months. At 15 days flushes should be going but other symptoms take longer. There is no getting around the waiting period I'm afraid. Most people in peri will start on 2 pumps and adjust up or down as necessary so may find that 4 pumps is too much for you.

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 03:49:55 PM »

thanks Sheila, yeah my consultant told me 4 pumps and i have been ok on this (no side effects) so think i will wait and see. Also, he told me my Ostrogen level was 1615...this seems high to me? although not an expert??

Anyone help with the figure? xx

Shannonplussed

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 10:34:37 PM »

4 pumps is a lot…if you’re peri you may well be having these issues from the roller coaster of super HIGH estrogen followed by the valley of relatively low estrogen (even if it’s not low low, the body can respond like it’s low because of the decrease from high to lower). 4 pumps may be adding more fuel to the fire, in my opinion, but you’d be better off to ask your consultant.