Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Are you suffering the menopause all over again?  (Read 799 times)

Joey123

• First Flush
Are you suffering the menopause all over again?
« on: March 09, 2022, 01:31:26 PM »

It is good to read others' messages.  I don't feel so alone.

My question is "is anyone else suffering the symptoms of the menopause all over again?"

I have been enduring the menopause for 12 years now (early onset at 42).  After dreadful symptoms, I went onto HRT 10 years ago, which has been wonderful.   I am still on HRT, Evorel 50, progesterone and 10mg citalopram to calm the rages.

Recently, I have started with the symptoms I had 12 years ago, all over again - hot flushes, ridiculously red cheeks, histrionic outbursts, unable to cope with small amounts of stress, swinging between outrageous libidinous urges or no libido at all, and a sinking depression.  I am embarrassing myself at work.  I am so ashamed of myself with my red cheeks and sweating.  It is awful.  I am wondering if I need to go on a stronger HRT?  I have not spoken to my (very nice but male) doctor. 

Has anyone else had this re-occurrence of the menopause after so long?  I don't understand what is happening.

sheila99

Re: Are you suffering the menopause all over again?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 01:39:04 PM »

Apart from the ovaries small amounts is also produced by the adrenals and fat cells so it may be this source which is declining. I've had to increase twice because of returning symptoms. It wasn't as long as 12 years though. If you need something to calm the rages too (assuming they came with peri) perhaps you've always been on too low a dose?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 02:53:29 PM »

:welcomemm: I had rages at 'certain times of the month'  ::).  I would throw things though never anything of value  :D

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  It may be that your ovaries are having a 'last fling' or that the adrenals and fat cells are also becoming deficient.  Let us
know how you get on.

Postmeno3

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 09:25:42 AM »

We definitely need more info from those with personal experience and/or knowledge of/expertise in adrenal issues in relation to how our hormones can change under adrenal, rather than solely ovarian controls. I think this is an aspect coming into awarenesses now, but there needs to be so much more. (Stepping off soap-box now!).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 09:46:11 AM by Postmeno3 »

Marchlove

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 09:59:13 AM »

Indeed YES Postmeno3!
This whole issue needs more of a focus I feel on this excellent site.
Something the nhs is not going to help us with, so it’s up to us guys to focus attention on it and find out more.
This is all about the delicate relationship between cortisol and Dhea, the cortisol:Dhea ratio as it’s known.
Cortisol is not the bad guy!
Too little as well as too much can cause issues.
The ratio should be 5:1
This is where the hormone precursors pregnenolone and Dhea come into play.
If anyone as any articles/research regarding this please post on this thread.
The book Stop the Thyroid Madness has two excellent chapters on adrenal fatigue, so that’s a good place to start for those who are interested.
Also, would be lovely to hear from anyone who has/is dealing with adrenal issues and what they have tried and experienced. xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 06:39:01 PM »

Don't fall off that Box Postmeno ;-)

Tnx Marchlove - :Stop the Thyroid Madness: