Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Can I Just Stop?  (Read 1739 times)

QueenofReds3

Can I Just Stop?
« on: March 07, 2022, 01:44:19 PM »

Hi all
I cannot carry on with the bad side effects I am getting with oestrogel and utrogestan regime. I have had no relief from the side effects and have developed new symptoms that I never had with the patches, my GP appointment is not booked for another week so my question is can I just stop taking them until I see the GP? I hope so as I am feeling so depressed and low with it all. Thank You in advance.x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can I Just Stop?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 03:02:33 PM »

I can't advise but knowing how bad side effects have been with other meds., 4 me I was unable to tolerate them.  Would you ask for a referral to an NHS Menopause Clinic when you speak to your GP?

QueenofReds3

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 03:45:57 PM »

I will CLKD ask but I know the nearest clinic has a very long waiting list. The GP is the same one who told me a month ago that it was nothing to do with the HRT side of things that have been causing my problems but my prolactinoma. The endocrinologist has written a very stern letter saying it is not the issue but HRT is the problem and the right one is needed. I will just keep on fighting and trying different ones. I feel we are sometimes just left to sort out for ourselves and in some ways that is what I am doing. I think for sanity I will just stop. I have not functioned properly at all today. Managed very little compared to how I was back last year. X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 03:55:17 PM »

I really am sorry to hear how poorly you are feeling due to the HRT. It is so frustrating when GPs are unhelpful and dismissive. I have not been able to find a HRT that works for me either and am still waiting. I really hope you can find something that works for you.

QueenofReds3

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 04:23:19 PM »

Thank You Flossieteacake. Sorry to hear you are having a time of it too. I hope you get it sorted soon. It is very frustrating. I have held back but I dropped into a conversation with my line manager about the time I am having with the menopause, and she just laughed. I did not know what to say apart from think I hope you do not have to go through this when your time comes. I do not understand why some ladies seen to sail through this with no issues, most of my friends who like me are in their early fifties do not take HRT, they sympathise but cannot offer advice so it is lovely to have this forum. X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 04:25:58 PM »

How horrible she just laughed. Some people have no compassion. I know what you mean because all I hear about is famous people who try HRT and feel amazing. It is good we have this forum to know we are not alone in our struggle.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 01:11:34 PM »

You can just stop. Be prepared for a bleed though due to the stopping of Utrogestan. I hope you can soon get this sorted. It's not fair that you are having to deal with feeling so horrible.

Taz x

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 01:25:33 PM »

Are you on a conti or sequi regime? If conti you could stop utro and carry on with gel (temporarily obs). You may fi d you're fine with gel but need a different progestin.

QueenofReds3

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 04:09:37 PM »

Thank You Taz.

Sheila99. I am looking into other HRT options. I am on a Conti regime. Am I right that the only other prog I could try with the gel is a mirena coil? I am 4 years since last period.
I have been on Femosten Conti and Evorel 50 Conti patches.
Only been 2 days without anything and the night sweats are back with a vengeance .

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2022, 10:46:13 PM »

You could try provera, some ladies who can't tolerate utro are OK on it.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 10:19:30 AM »

I’m on Femoston conti, the prog in that is gentle. Suits me.
You could try that. It’s tablet form tho.
Good luck with whatever you choose. 🤞🏼

QueenofReds3

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2022, 12:43:21 PM »

Sheila99 . I will look at provera . I have done what you suggested and just applied the gel until I decide what to do. I am willing to try anything to get back to some sort of normal.

Hi Jillydoll.

I have been on the Femosten Conti and it worked great until 9 months in I had a bleed which turned out to be a polyp so GP changed to patches. How long have you been on Femoston? I get worried as posts on here have mentioned because they are tablet form that they are not safe?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 06:49:18 PM »

Hiya.

I suppose the patches are safer in the bigger picture, but Femoston are the only ones with that particular progesterone.
I’d change to patches, but I’m scared incase they don’t suit me. And you know what they say, if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. 🤷🏼‍♀️