Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 53 and still having a period  (Read 786 times)

Nik

53 and still having a period
« on: March 08, 2022, 07:45:40 AM »

Hi would appreciate any advice - I’ve been on femiston  1/10 for 3 years - lately - the last year - my symptoms have gone off the chart I still have a period and when I do it’s awful - very low mood - very forgetful super drained zero energy a good night sleep is a thing if the past- I just thought I wouldn’t be having a period at 53 - should I be ? And could this be contributing to the low mood etc - dont recognise  myself - should I come off HRT I wonder i juts don’t know as I’m a bit scared to do that also

Thanks everyone  x

Taz2

Re: 53 and still having a period
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 08:07:29 AM »

Hi Nik. Sorry you are feeling like this. Femoston 1/10 is designed to give you a monthly withdrawal bleed I think  You have no way of knowing if your natural cycle has stopped or not while you are on HRT really.

I believe 1/10 is a low dose and maybe you need the higher dose to help with your symptoms. I've only been on patch HRT myself though. Have you had blood tests to rule out any other causes for your fatigue such as anaemia or thyroid problems?

Taz x

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 08:11:33 AM »

Hi Nik

I was on the same medication and was increased to Femeston 2/10 which is a higher dose. It does sound like you need an increase in Oestrogen. Personally I prefer a patch or gel as there are less side effects and risk.
At 53 your doctor may suggest continuous progesterone so you won’t have a bleed.
You definitely need a review

Nik x

Nik

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 09:26:48 AM »

Thankyou very much - yes I was on patched initially which i preferred but there was a shortage and they ran out believe it or not so had to go on this so I kind of didn’t want to change again and keep messing with my system - yes I need a review you are right but it’s juts getting an appointment atm and feel guilty pushing for blood tests when there’s such a backlog due to the pandemic but yes I must push for this thanks for listening I’m going to attempt to book something x