Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Mirena and Oestrogel advice please  (Read 661 times)

Skylark

Mirena and Oestrogel advice please
« on: March 07, 2022, 05:40:02 PM »

Hi ladies,

I'm 57, still peri! Had the coil fitted in November after follow up biopsy etc. All clear. The very light spotting finally stopped about a month ago. Just before I started Oestrogel 2 weeks ago I had premenstrual symptoms and a trace of spotting for three days. Since starting the Oestrogel this has continued, more than before but still very light. Conti HRT was a disaster before and now I'm worried I will continue to bleed even with the Mirena in place.  I almost didn't restart Oestrogel but my perimemopause symptoms are such that I really need it. I'm due to start a new job this week and the anxiety over that is bad enough without worrying the bleeding has returned. I had just started to feel a bit brighter. Is spotting to be expected?

Thanks in advance xx

LucyLoo

Re: Mirena and Oestrogel advice please
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 09:29:53 PM »

Hi Skylark,

I have the mirena coil and put on 4 pumps of oestrogel daily and don't have any bleeding (other than spotting very occasionally). I'm 46 and peri and have had the mirena coil for 2.5 years now. I've always combined the mirena coil with oestrogel and did bleed and spot for the first 6 months of having the coil, but then it stopped. I'm no expert, but I imagine once your body has got used to the oestrogel, the spotting will probably stop. It just might take a bit of time to settle down.

Lucy xx