Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet Advice Please.  (Read 815 times)

Triki1

• First Flush
Elleste Duet Advice Please.
« on: March 07, 2022, 07:35:24 PM »

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice for a friend please.

She was having lots of menopausal symptoms but was against trying HRT for various reasons but eventually decided to give it a go.  Her GP wasn't very helpful or knowledgeable unfortunately and seemed to be almost against prescribing it.
Anyhow she was given Elleste Duet, 1mg,  which she takes every day and has been on it for just over 3 months, she has felt her joint pains are slightly better but other than that she has not felt much benefit at all, but the thing that is getting her down the most is that she has now started to bleed every month again, heavy and for a week at a time.   Before starting HRT she'd stopped bleeding as much.

My menopausal experience has been very different to hers and I take a different HRT so I can't giver her any advice so thought I'd see if anyone can offer any advice or share their experiences with Elleste Duet?

Thanks in advance  :)

Cara999

Re: Elleste Duet Advice Please.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 07:53:39 PM »

Oh your poor friend  I'm about to start these tonight and feeling slightly anxious so would also welcome anyone's experiences on them.

Thank you xx

Triki1

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 08:41:00 PM »

Oh your poor friend  I'm about to start these tonight and feeling slightly anxious so would also welcome anyone's experiences on them.

Thank you xx

She has felt some small benefit from taking them but she's just struggling to cope with the heavy, prolonged bleeding.  It doesn't help that her GP is a bit dismissive about it all as well :(

Good Luck,  I hope they work for you x

Cara999

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 08:43:37 PM »

I bet she is poor thing

GPs....total nightmare most of them 

Thank you xxx

Sazzle42115

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 08:51:20 PM »

I had a very positive experience with this tablet best HRT I had tbh. I started 2yrs post menopause and within 2 weeks anxiety completely went I was on 2mg. Trouble was that as my own estrogen levels dropped anxiety started to creep up. Now struggling to get a suitable regime as not absorbing the transdermal route. I experienced a few migraines with aura so GP doesn't want to prescribe a tablet. Xx I would say as others the HRT does appear to be a movable feast but what's the alternative just got to try and find something that works

Cara999

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 09:11:11 PM »

Thank you for that, makes me feel a little better.

Hope you get sorted out xx