Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Large Coffee please 🫣  (Read 799 times)

Charleyfarley

Large Coffee please 🫣
« on: October 21, 2023, 02:44:59 PM »

Hey ladies…so I was researching today for quite some time. It would seem a given is that caffeine can exacerbate a hot flush 🤦‍♀️ I can live with that I guess…love my coffee too much 😂

But should my HRT have counteracted that does anyone know? Still having some crazy face flushed, almost burning sensations but I drink a 4 shot cap every morning & a 3 shot cap every afternoon.

Gonna reduce for a week to see if it makes a difference but was wondering if HRT should stop them all together regardless of the obvious triggers ie caffeine, spicy food etc? Xx

Sue1972

Re: Large Coffee please 🫣
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 03:53:06 PM »

I've been on HRT for 2 years and I have had to give up anything with caffeine in it. I can also not tolerate alcohol.

It sucks, but the bad effects on me are enough to make it worthwhile. :(

Charleyfarley

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 05:20:35 PM »

Oh wow really Sue??? So HRT doesn’t take away caffeine & alcohol triggering a hot flush for you? X

pastie supper

• Far too young to be this old
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 12:55:09 PM »

I love my coffee too, won't give it up, but since I was 51 it has triggered underarm sweating, sometimes for hours after a cup. I've been unable to drink coffee after noon since becoming a mum many years ago, as I won't sleep properly if I do, but that morning cup is needed to keep things moving along internally, guaranteed laxative for me, so it's worth the extra sweating just to have that effect! I have a rectocele so it's important not to strain or delay too long.

In reply to your question, it depends on what HRT you use, there are so many different formulations out there, not all of them work for all women.

Since I got oestrogel, I've been able to drink coffee without sweating at all, but bowel movements are now less frequent, so it's an overall lessening of the caffeine effects I guess.

HRT patches didn't work for me at all, placebo would have been better because the patches made me feel worse not better with that damn northisterone in it. When I used patches there was absolutely no difference to my sweating/flushes/night sweats at all.

I found that some types of hrt work better for some symptoms, like oestrogel works for sweating but kills your libido and tibolone gives you for energy and libido but won't help with sweating, they aren't at all similar feeling and I asked could I have a half dose of each, instead of choosing only one.
I was turned down flat with no explanation as usual.
So I chose to start oestrogel, two months ago.
Tibolone could keep my lining safe instead of progesterone which I can't tolerate, but they refuse to give me it  :-\

The oestrogel has reduced my overheating/sweating by 90%, however, my skin and hair is getting greasier and I've started flushing in my cheeks for the first time, only started doing that this month and I'm almost three years post meno.
The other six types of HRT I've tried didn't reduce my overheating symptom in any noticeable way, but each had it's own side effects and some intended effects as well.