Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan causing anxiety  (Read 1104 times)

Dawnp

Utrogestan causing anxiety
« on: March 05, 2022, 10:20:54 AM »

Has anyone else had problems with Utrogestan causing anxiety? I changed to Utrogestan because synthetic progesterone was causing me panic attacks. I am now using Utrogestan vaginally, every other night. But I am still having very severe anxiety on the days I am using it. Much better on the days I don’t use it. I’m told it shouldn’t cause problems this way but this absolutely not the case for me, it would appear. I feel stuck now.

Flossieteacake

Re: Utrogestan causing anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 10:33:30 AM »

I only used it for two nights and felt anxious. It seems a lot of people cannot tolerate it. Like you, I am not sure what the next step is. A menopause DR said if I cannot tolerate it then it may be due to the fillers and there are other brands. I do not know if that is of any help to you.

Dawnp

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 10:36:51 AM »

Many thanks. At least I’m not alone. Have you just stopped using any progesterone at the mo? Are you still using estrogen, or given up hrt completely?

Nik2502

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 10:43:02 AM »

Hi

Utrogestan was a killer for me - made me a suicidal wreck. After nearly giving up all hope of finding a progesterone I could tolerate, I found Provera - been on it over a year now and had no problems.
It’s trial and error until you find the right thing for you.
If you have a womb you do need a progesterone x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 10:44:56 AM »

Many thanks. At least I’m not alone. Have you just stopped using any progesterone at the mo? Are you still using estrogen, or given up hrt completely?

I sent a message to my DRs surgery on Friday to request another progesterone. In the meantime I am still using estrogen patches. If I stop using them I feel awful and cannot function. I am happy with the patches but each time I try a progesterone I cannot tolerate it. I have tried 5 now.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 10:48:06 AM by Flossieteacake »

Dawnp

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 10:46:25 AM »

Oh thank you. That is really useful. I used to use Cerelle as the progesterone only pill and had no problems on it so the menopause clinic suggested I could use that at a push but will investigate Provera. x

Dawnp

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 10:48:13 AM »

I sent a message to my DRs surgery on Friday to request another progesterone. In the meantime I am still using estrogen patches. If I stop using them I feel awful and cannot function. I am happy with the patches but each time I try a progesterone I cannot tolerate it. I have tired 5 now.

You might have seen the reply in this thread about Provera, which might be an option. What a flipping nightmare.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 10:49:55 AM »

I sent a message to my DRs surgery on Friday to request another progesterone. In the meantime I am still using estrogen patches. If I stop using them I feel awful and cannot function. I am happy with the patches but each time I try a progesterone I cannot tolerate it. I have tired 5 now.

You might have seen the reply in this thread about Provera, which might be an option. What a flipping nightmare.

I did see that. Thank you. Hopefully we will find something that we can tolerate. I take 1 destrogel (cerazette) without any issues so was given the option to try 2 a day as the progeterone but I could not tolerate that much. I really hope you find one that works for you.

Dawnp

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 10:52:57 AM »

Interestingly, you’re the same as me. I used to use Cerazette and Cerelle without problems. Only stopped taking it to start HRT, which is really annoying now. The menopause clinic did say I could revert to it if I need to.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2022, 10:55:45 AM »

Interestingly, you’re the same as me. I used to use Cerazette and Cerelle without problems. Only stopped taking it to start HRT, which is really annoying now. The menopause clinic did say I could revert to it if I need to.

If you are okay on that then maybe it is best to take it again? Hopefully you can tolerate that again.

Dawnp

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2022, 10:59:34 AM »

Yes, that probably feels like the best option now. Fingers crossed!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2022, 11:00:53 AM »

Let us know how you get one.  :)

Dawnp

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2022, 11:16:56 AM »

Thank you. Will do. 😬