Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 3787 times)

Dandelion

Re: Anxiety
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2022, 04:00:13 AM »

I think it's different in each of us. Mine arrived with peri and went after 3 months on HRT so definitely oestrogen deficiency. Worst at night. Got to sleep fine then woke 2-3am and spent the rest of the night worrying about everything and anything. I'm sure the insomnia and anxiety made each other worse.

Queenofreds3 perhaps you need a higher dose? I've had to increase twice because anxiety and insomnia returned.
Interesting that low oestrogen can cause it, thanks for this knowledge.
I assumed it was low progesterone that caused it as progesterone is the calming hormone but we learn something every day.

Kathleen

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2022, 11:59:41 AM »

Hello ladies.

I know we are told that oestrogen is the calming hormone but I have read of cases where progesterone helped more in this regard.

I am experiencing extreme tearfulness and anxiety at the moment but only ever during the day. If I wake at night or in the early morning I feel lovely and calm.  For me the worst times of the day are from mid morning to early evening. I am not too bad when I get up but by noon the crying and  tearfulness have usually started. Afternoons are often jittery and tearful but during the evening I begin to feel normal and I am fine by bedtime. Maybe I should become nocturnal lol.

I would love to know if this is entirely hormonal or could there be another cause? If seeing a GP is difficult then speaking to a psychologist or psychiatrist would be impossible!

Take care ladies.

K.

sheila99

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2022, 09:53:31 PM »

Kathleen if you think prog (utro?) is helping you stay calm might it be worth trying it in the morning and hope your 'bad' time is when you're asleep?

Marchlove

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2022, 10:36:57 PM »

It’s hormonal Kathleen, rest assured you’ll get there.
As shelia99 sugests look at what you’re  doing and when, so you can feel out can I do this differently?
How can I bring that mid day time calm?
Perhaps think about magnesium midday, might that work for you? It might or might not. The idea is you try it a couple of days and see if it does and it not move on to something else.
Ask yourself did that magnesium actually make me a bit more depressed, did I really need something a bit more stimulating?
Step back and be the silent watcher of your mind, the TRUE you, watching and maybe laughing at your childlike mind and it’s tantrums.
If you feel mad- shout, yell, at a wall or  a tree.
If you feel tearful- really sob your heart out.
If you feel anxious- take action. Anxiety is all about energy. Use it, go for a walk, arrange stuff, use that energy up somehow.

But best of all, when you feel the moment, have fun. Laugh, sing, play the fool for awhile.

All these moods are never permanent, they always pass. The skill or aim I suppose is that just like when we were younger, they come and go without us even being aware that they are there, because they all merge into one.

We’ve all been there Kathleen and to a greater or lesser extent we are there now.

Sleep well everyone xx

Pages: 1 [2]