Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan 100mg  (Read 1162 times)

jaydee

Utrogestan 100mg
« on: March 03, 2022, 06:50:23 PM »

I have been taking 200mg of Utrogestan vaginally, for 12 days a month.   My consultant has advised I take 100mg each night; my problem is, on the box it says to take it orally, on an empty stomach……… is this correct?  I thought it was supposed to be taken vaginally………they haven’t given me the usual applicators, so it can’t be a mistake!!  Any advice please? I think I’d prefer to take it vaginally.
Thankyou.

Flossieteacake

Re: Utrogestan 100mg
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 07:19:00 PM »

It is meant to be taken orally but off licence it can be taken vaginally. This is why you will not find the instructions or information on the leaflet it comes with. You can insert it using your finger. I have been taken it for two days and did not get an applicator. I had to use some sylk lube on my finger to help it go in easier.

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan 100mg
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 10:01:11 PM »

In the UK the 200mg is licensed for ivf but not hrt so is taken vaginally. In the rest of Europe the 100mg is licensed for hrt either orally or vaginally, it's only in the UK that thinks it's oral only. If you're happy using it vaginally I would continue this way. I tried to get the 200mg without the applicators which went straight in the bin but they wouldn't do it.