Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to cope  (Read 2132 times)

Joaniepat

Re: How to cope
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2022, 08:14:01 AM »

Skylark, it is fine to use the pessaries alongside Oestrogel. Treatments for Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause (aka vaginal atrophy) contain a minute dose of oestrogen, and are only absorbed locally. Many women use both together.
JP x

Skylark

Re: How to cope updated
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2022, 12:15:43 PM »

Thank you,  Joanniepat.

I have now increased to the prescribed two pumps of Oestrogel (the last 3 days). This morning I woke at 4am with the worst surge of anxiety to date.  I have been crying all morning and feel like I can't cope. The thought of starting a new job next week when I still feel like this is overwhelming.  I just want to hide away.

I don't know what to do. Can anyone advise me?

X

Nik2502

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2022, 01:52:28 PM »

Hi

Sorry you’re feeling so awful. I’m the same. Started a new job in January and been off sick for three weeks. Every day is different - crying, anxious etc.
I can only hope we feel better soon

X

Skylark

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2022, 02:09:10 PM »

Hi Nik2502, I'm so sorry you're struggling too. I went off in November with work-related stress, managed to get another job which will hopefully be less stressful and was hoping I'd feel better before I started. I have wondered if I should try splitting my oestrogen dose and have one pump morning and night. Are you on HRT?

X

Nik2502

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2022, 09:03:20 PM »

Hi Nik2502, I'm so sorry you're struggling too. I went off in November with work-related stress, managed to get another job which will hopefully be less stressful and was hoping I'd feel better before I started. I have wondered if I should try splitting my oestrogen dose and have one pump morning and night. Are you on HRT?

X

Hi

I am on HRT - estradot 75, 5mg Provera and Androfemme. It just doesn’t seem like it’s working. I’ve tried upping it and it made me worse.

I was so confident about starting my new job and it’s been awful. It’s only two days but it’s unbearable as my anxiety is so bad. I’ve an occ health review next week.

I used to split my dose of gel and I did find it helped as I previously felt a slump in the evening. You’ve nothing to lost by giving it a go.

X
Pages: 1 [2]