Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estring advice please  (Read 1456 times)

MrsRoo

Estring advice please
« on: March 02, 2022, 03:06:30 PM »

Hi ladies,

I hope you’re all doing ok.

I am still having the nightmare VA symptoms - burning, soreness, itching, urinary urgency, burning pee etc etc and the Ovestin really isn’t helping. I’ve been doing an additional load for three weeks now and the symptoms are worse than ever. I am going to try to get a GP appointment tomorrow and am thinking of trying the Estring. Vagifem didn’t really help fully and gave me migraines and hair loss and the Ovestin doesn’t seem to be cutting it either.

Has anybody got experience/advice re the use of Estring? I’ve looked into it a bit but the huge list of side effects is a bit off putting. I’d really appreciate your ideas and advice.

Roo xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Estring advice please
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 05:50:03 PM »

There are a lot of threads on 'Estring' already, do a search. Make notes.

How often are U using 'ovestin' and which symptoms reamain?  Sometimes I need to put an extra dose up there as well as taking 'nurofen' - 2 capsules three times a day.

Do U use a moisturiser on the outer labia at all?  'yes' or 'sylc' can help as can a smear of 'ovestin' around the outer areas can sooth symptoms. 

Postmeno3

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 06:09:16 PM »

Rate Estring extremely highly. I've used one for years without the slightest problem. It's such a breeze being in for three months and nothing to think about in all that time. The patient leaflets are outdated for all forms of HRT. I know Dr.Newson is looking into this. However, you might benefit from talking to your gp about dosage and type of your topical treatments and whether a step up to systemic HRT might be on the cards? Sometimes a belt and braces approach becomes necessary for improved comfort. Good luck!

MrsRoo

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 07:40:18 PM »

Thank you for your replies CLKD and Postmeno3. CLKD, you are always a great source of information and support, thank you!

I should have said in my original post that I am currently on systemic HRT (Oestrogel and Utrogestan) and will be for the rest of my life as far as I’m concerned.

I have been using Ovestin cream since last September and, after an initial seven day load, I was using it twice a week. Then about four weeks ago my symptoms just came back with a vengeance and I sought advice on here. I’ve since been using it daily with the applicator and rubbing a bit extra all around the vulva. The information leaflet says you can use it daily for up to four weeks if necessary and I’m at that point now. I’m still sore and burning, peeing for England and feeling urinary urgency. The cream seems to calm it a bit when applied but wears off very quickly. Also, it’s worse earlier in the day for some reason and eases somewhat  in the evening.  I have read some of the posts on Estring  on here but wanted to ask for personal experiences of using it.

Dada39

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 07:21:58 AM »

Hi Missro,

I would be interesti'g as well by Estring. It deliverd Estradiol like Vagifem.
Ovestin delivers  Estriol.
Do you think you won't have hairloss with Estring ?

Do you tolerate  Oestrogel and don't have hairloss when in it?
I m asking because I have hairloss when using Oestradiol.

Hugsneed1958

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 07:19:37 AM »

Mrsroo it could be the fillers in vagifem that's not agreeing. I have not tried estring as I use vagifem.  But many ladies like it..while I am on has anyone found get more wind in back and tummy when they up vagifem. I have a small bladder prolapse and last 3 weeks uppe vagifem from 2 to 4 a week. I have had hystorectomy and have ovires . Nice guide 2020 says can use vagifem safely long term but worry about cancer in bladder and other area advice please I am anixity high person sorry to keep posting but hard to get answers unless people have experience many thanks 😊