Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Never felt so low and tearful  (Read 1273 times)

Danni

• First Flush
Never felt so low and tearful
« on: March 02, 2022, 11:18:32 AM »

Hello everyone,

I'm 59 and post menopausal since 2015.

I have terribly low moods, almost on a daily basis. I have tried two types of HRT patches, but got red rashes from them both and quite honestly I've never felt comfortable with being on HRT.

I had a huge argument with my partner this morning and feel so down and like I'm the worst person on the world, because I completely lost it and screamed at her. She is 57 and seems to press every button that makes me angry and turn into some sort of psycho.

I'm at the end of my tether, have been for ages and want to leave and start again where no one knows me. I'm so sorry for the negative post. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem so many years post menopausal?

I really do not know what to do. I just want to be content and not a monster.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Never felt so low and tearful
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 11:57:59 AM »

You are not a monster.  Do print off 'hints for husbands' and hand to your partner.  It explains at lot about peri/menopause.

:welcomemm:  HRT can protect bones and heart, as well as improve symptoms.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/syptom diary of use.  Where is your partner in her 'journey'. A lot of us feeling like running away, probably so that we no longer have to justify ourselves to others and can rant when and how often we need to.

Time for 'the honest  talk' between you.  Make a list of your feelings and ask how they impact on your overall relationship/plans.  "I feel that" rather than "You make me ....... "  or write a letter to hand over?

Perhaps she presses buttons because she wants 'out'? 

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 01:20:06 PM »

Hello Danni and welcome to the forum.

I completely sympathise as I am also many years post meno but struggling with low moods at the moment.

Many ladies here will recognise your situation and I am sure they will be along later with advice. In general it takes a while to find the right HRT so ask your GP for another type such as tablets or gel, you can check out the options on this site.

You are certainly not alone with your problems and the the lovely ladies on this site are here to help you.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

groundhog

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 01:26:20 PM »

Completely understand how you feel. Also having a ver6 low time.  My husband and I have had a strained marriage since I became disabled but th8ngs are getting worse.  He seems to bring out the worst in me and also presses all the wrong buttons.  I have no patience with him whatsoever but he’s very good at convincing me it’s all my fault.
I hope you manage to find a way through , it’s a difficult journey for so many of us.  I’m 62 now haven’t had a period for 12 years and maybe my low mood is nothing to do with meno just life but it’s a horrible place to be that’s for sure x

VictoryV

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 03:47:45 PM »

Hi and welcome Danni,

Sorry you’re having a rough time.

You could have a look at the treatments tab at the top of this page, there are gels and a spray version of HRT if you fell like trying again.

It’s always our nearest and dearest that get it the worst, don’t beat yourself up.
Sending hugs.
V☀️X