Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thyroid and menopause  (Read 2780 times)

Geordieclaire73

Re: Thyroid and menopause
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2022, 12:28:41 AM »

Thankyou u lovely lot...wow the information on here is just brilliant...hi Kathleen no I'm currently on nothing .. suffering alot..I was in hospital because of palpitations and fast heart rate.  Had ecg and scan for a clot.  I've been put on steroids for my asthma as got a chest infection...since Christmas I've just felt not right..like body ticking fast. Awful panick feeling in chest and tremors in hands. Kids say I'm grouchy 😬 short temperature...my doctor here just won't see u...it's all over phone so thinking of going private because just had enough of feeling awful all the time

Geordieclaire73

Vaginal atrophy
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2022, 07:06:40 PM »

Hi...so I've got horrendous vaginal atrophy..get repeated UTI..pelvic infections, BV....haven't had sex 😢for a yr.  Miss my husband...   He's been so patient ..it's just so painful..I've tried natural remedies, replens, silk, ..just didn't work.  I use yes vaginal moisturizer inside and out but I've bit the bullet. Got ovestin off doctor.  It says every night 4 wks? Yet I've heard should be two weeks?? Then is it twice a wk?   How much do u use and can I use on the outer too?   Any side effects?

Joaniepat

Re: Vaginal atrophy
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2022, 07:57:01 PM »

Got ovestin off doctor.  It says every night 4 wks? Yet I've heard should be two weeks?? Then is it twice a wk?   How much do u use and can I use on the outer too?   Any side effects?
It's normally a 2 week loading dose, but if your GP says 4 best go with that. Sounds as though they think you need a longer loading period, which is quite enlightened of them. It's not necessarily twice a week after that, as some need it more often. The applicator that comes with it gives a measured dose, fill it to the red mark. You can also apply a bit to the labia. Side effects: impossible to say, most don't get any, some folk do, don't go looking for them is my advice  ;) Good luck, hope you soon feel better!
JP x

Clarella

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2022, 09:13:55 AM »

Hello, are you on hrt?

I’ve been on thyroxine for years and was having issues no matter what my tsh was. Oestrogen really helped.

If on hrt are you on right dose?

Also check ferritin, b12 folate and vit d.

Geordieclaire73

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2022, 10:16:59 AM »

Hi thanks for your replies...not on any hrt at.... definitely hit that point where I need it...I'm three years since last period...what's the best to ask for?   Body identical? Patches? Lenzetto? 

Geordieclaire73

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2022, 01:32:03 PM »

Thankyou for all your replies....I got nowhere with my GP about my thyroid so I did a test with medichecks.   All my thyroid levels ok but I've tested positive for antibodies... thyroglobulin was 154.  And thyroid peroxidase was 36 ..I've also low serum folate and vitamin d is just in normal range even though I take vitamin d for my osteoporosis. I must be on wrong dose or I'm not absorbing it....doc report says might a auto immune disease.

ATB

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2022, 03:08:57 PM »

Hi! I’m hypothyroid, wasn’t diagnosed on NHS, had to go private and been self dosing and monitoring 6 years.
Medichecks is great, but ‘ranges’ and being ‘in range’ is meaningless. For Free T3 you want your result in the TOP QUARTER of the range, and free T4 halfway on the range itself, or above. Antibodies do indicate hashimotos. There is help to work out the maths for that and understanding what it all means on a fab site called stopthethyroidmadness.org ( .com maybe ) and they have it all in 2 books also. It’s important you understand what is optimal levels and also that you should go by symptoms along with tests- did you test ‘reverse T3’. Are you losing hair? Eyebrows short? Dry skin? Gaining weight? Cold? No motivation? Lots of these are also menopause symptoms so I had to read a lot to understand them both. Taking daily body temperatures is a very good way to monitor your thyroid and a quick Google will give you sites that help with this.
Definitely do consider going on HRT. It’s not ok that you feel this bad and it does sound like you need to, there’s no need to have pain during sex or to miss out on it!

ATB

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2022, 03:12:50 PM »

Yes, what dose of Vit D are you on? Don’t take it near coffee or tea. I take at night with my dinner- preferably with fats in your meal. Helps absorption. My daughter had low D even though supplementing with spray so she’s on a 50mcg tablet now
Pages: 1 [2]