Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Morning doom and anxiety  (Read 3172 times)

Gingercatmom

Morning doom and anxiety
« on: March 02, 2022, 08:48:28 AM »

Morning all, have woken this morning with  horrible feelings of fear, anxiety and feelings if doom that wash over me. My husband going to work soon and I hate the thought of being alone all day. It makes me panic.

I have this a lot, does anyone know if it's caused by a drop or a surge in oestogen? I'm wondering if I should try HRT again or increase my anti depressant.  I recently started oestrogel and utrogestan but stopped as I felt quite jittery. I'm 48 and still have regular, but shorter and lighter periods.

Jellyb

Re: Morning doom and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 08:56:31 AM »

Morning, I don't have an answer I'm afraid, but just wanted to say that I had feelings like this some years ago.  I used to have a hobby that involved getting up early and driving a long way.  I would wake up with a feeling of doom, get ready thinking "I don't want to go" and that feeling would stay with me all the way up the motorway, even until I got to the venue.  I would leave for home as soon as it was acceptable and only really feel comfortable when I stepped back through the door.
I think it's a common feeling, so you are definitely not alone.

Gingercatmom

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 09:07:53 AM »

Thankyou Jellyb. I used to work which kept me busy but down graded my job twice as I suddenly found I couldn't cope with responsibility. Now I've given up altogether.  I used to dream of being at home all day, doing what I like, but now I just feel lost and scared until evening when they all get home and I improve by bedtime.

Purplesu

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 09:12:14 AM »

Hi :)

I have that feeling of dread a lot. It's something very hard to get rid of.
It doesn't always work, but I try to keep busy with things that need my brain to focus.
when I'm off work/ on my own, I try to make a plan for the day. Fill your day with things that might make you feel happier, more productive, more focused. If you have something to do that is not pleasant, get that done first if you can.

Analyzing this sense of dread in your head might help too. You can ask yourself: Is there any reason for me to be worried? Is this just my brain working against me? Sometimes looking at things from a far might give you some release from those feelings.

Again, these sometimes help me, sometimes don't, but it's always worth a try.

One day, someone told me their trick for anxiety was to reset themselves with a cold shower as it kind of "resets" your body and your mind. I tried it once, it did work that day  ;D

Gingercatmom

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 10:23:22 AM »

Thanks purplesu

Do you mind me asking, do you take HRT? I've tried every coping mechanism there is and I feel now I need to bring in the big guns, so to speak. Trouble is I'm not skipping periods yet, so don't know if it'll work.

Just been out and walked the dog, such grim weather didn't lift my spirits much. I'm going to tidy round and then do some cooking which normally helps keep me focused

Just realised, you said you don't take HRT. Brain fog! 🤪
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 10:29:58 AM by Gingercatmom »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 11:05:30 AM »

It can be that waking hormone, Cortisol  >:( !  I would wake anytime after 3.30 a.m. absolutely terrified.  My GP prescribed Beta-blockas at night to ease that anxiety surge. 

VictoryV

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 11:10:49 AM »

Hi Gingercat,
I had the same feelings as you, it’s awful isn’t it? I did the same as poster above said and kept as busy as I could. Even doing things like cleaning out cupboards, sorting out a room each day etc. well done on walking the dog, go for another walk this afternoon!
Anything that kept my head from listening to the crap it was thinking was a bonus!
I got the jitters on HRT too but it passes.
Hang in there, be kind to you, things do get better.

Victoria.x

Gingercatmom

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 11:30:44 AM »

Thankyou so much ladies. Nice to know I'm not alone in this....
CLKD.. Ive just read that too much cortisol is caused by too little oestrogen, is this correct in your experience?

VictoriaV, did you stay on the HRT and just push through the jittery feelings? If so how long til you felt better?

Sorry for all the questions, I have so many. I'm spending hours browsing this forum

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 11:58:56 AM »

Sorry, I have no idea where I was in my journey through The Change so am unable to help with your query.

VictoryV

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2022, 06:55:35 PM »

Hi Gingercat, I stayed on HRT and am on month 8. I first remember the jittery feeling when I upped from 2 Oestrogel pumps to 3, I think it lasted for about 2 days. I’ve had it again when increasing gel but not to the same extent.

Gingercatmom

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2022, 07:26:01 PM »

Thanks so much for replying. I've decided to start again, very low and slow this time. I'm still feeling jittery and I'm not on the HRT so not sure that was even the cause now!

BeachLife

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2022, 12:22:51 PM »

Morning all, have woken this morning with  horrible feelings of fear, anxiety and feelings if doom that wash over me. My husband going to work soon and I hate the thought of being alone all day. It makes me panic.

I have this a lot, does anyone know if it's caused by a drop or a surge in oestogen? I'm wondering if I should try HRT again or increase my anti depressant.  I recently started oestrogel and utrogestan but stopped as I felt quite jittery. I'm 48 and still have regular, but shorter and lighter periods.

Hi @Gingercatmom I hope you are having a decent day x

I actually joined this forum because of this post you made.  I also feel like you do, it's crazy, it is so not me, it is bizarre what hormones can do.

Shell babes

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2022, 04:30:44 PM »

Hello All - I also have the horrible feelings of fear, anxiety, doom and dread every morning. I have been on HRT for some time and it isn’t as bad as it used to be. I would love to know what causes it, as it’s hard to shake off. I never really understand what I am scared of but it is a strong feeling that I have to talk myself out of

BeachLife

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2022, 04:53:57 PM »

Hello All - I also have the horrible feelings of fear, anxiety, doom and dread every morning. I have been on HRT for some time and it isn’t as bad as it used to be. I would love to know what causes it, as it’s hard to shake off. I never really understand what I am scared of but it is a strong feeling that I have to talk myself out of

Same here, I won't even go out to take the bin out any more.  I am OK with someone else but not alone!  I mean what the hell am I worried about?  It's a wheelie bin not a bloody Dalek!!

Gingercatmom

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2022, 06:40:40 PM »

Hi ladies, had a slightly better day thanks as hubby been at home. Took the dog for a long walk. Excited for tomorrow as going to Durham to see my son at uni. It helps having something to look forward to I think.
I'm going to try the HRT again, I know it won't cure everything but it's got to be better than this.
This time last year I hadn't heard of peri menopause how mad is that?! It's hit me like a bloody train! Hope you all doing ok. Here if you want to chat xxx
Pages: [1] 2