Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Still feeling bad  (Read 664 times)

Chrissywc10

• First Flush
Still feeling bad
« on: March 02, 2022, 01:45:37 PM »

Hi, I'm new to the site, just really wanted to share how I feel and if anyone has same symptoms. I've been going through the menopause for around 7 years now during that time have had all the usual issues,  hot flushes,  aches , mood swings, but over the years have had a couple of bad episodes where I felt a very weird feeling as if I was gonna pass out , serve headache and then immediately very fatigued.
I actually ended up in hospital on one occasion,  they did lots of test but all clear. Thought I was through the worst but over the last 2 months my flushes, vaginal dryness aches and another dizzy fainting episodes.  So I visit the doctor to be referred to a menopause clinic,  the nurse practitioner tells me the symptoms I have don't sound like menopause and continues to book me lots of test ( which I've already had) NO referal to clinic. I am really fed up now, I do have good days I go swimming 4 times a week but when I feel bad it's just exhausting. Does anyone else have the dizzy weird  sensation?. :(

Amazing grace

Re: Still feeling bad
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 04:05:50 PM »

Hi, sorry to hear you are suffering horrible symptoms, I too have had and still get what you are describing, I do get hemiplegic migraines but I get the weird dizzy faint feeling alot I don't know if they are related to my migraines, but I feel like I'm going to pass out, I've also had a really strange symptom of feeling I'm going to have a seizure never had one but it's the only way I can put it into words, just my head feels very odd,  think that might be anxiety for me, I've had lots of tests, brain ct and mri, I got diagnosed with hemiplegia with migraine but that causes stroke like symptoms so I know the difference, I have fainted with them, to be honest I've had a very long list of symptoms and when ever I bring menopause into it my doctor always says no it won't be that, but reading many websites alot of these symptoms seem quite common in menopause, for me I think it's a combination of hormones, anxiety not eating regularly and severe insomnia, and definitely the dizzy thing is a menopause problem, there are alot of threads on this website regarding it, are you on any hrt, do you use vaginal hrt for dryness, you aren't alone with the dizziness there's lots of us suffering this symptom, i don't know how to get rid of it but just wanted to reply to your post.

Chrissywc10

• First Flush
Re: Still feeling bad
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 04:39:51 PM »

Thanks for your reply,  it's good to know (well not good) but helps me feel I'm not going mad  ;D. I use cream for the dryness and it helps. Hopefully I will be referred to the menopause clinic to discuss HRT.