Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does HRT cause the return of periods?  (Read 6196 times)

sheila99

Re: Does HRT cause the return of periods?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2022, 02:06:57 PM »

I'm another one who really doesn't want a mirena but it might be my least worst option too. I'm clutching at straws here but until the scan I can hope the utro has managed to keep it thin despite not having a bleed. I hope the femesron works for you.

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2022, 03:18:33 PM »

I took a lot of persuading, but am now firmly in the Mirena coil=least worst option camp. Good luck, whatever you decide.

sheila99

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2022, 05:38:41 PM »

It was your post that made me think again Peri What  :)

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2022, 01:59:32 PM »

Ah, that's nice to hear, Sheila99! And your advice on other threads has been so helpful to me - very much appreciated.

If you decide to try it, I should mention that I asked for local anaesthetic, just in case, but didn't need it in the end. Although it was weird and uncomfortable, it was nowhere near as painful as I'd been expecting - just really one brief moment that hurt and then it was done. I distracted myself by talking nonstop while it was being fitted and had some paracetamol after. Light bleeding afterwards was annoying, but stopped in the end - not everyone seems to get this.

sheila99

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2022, 11:03:01 PM »

Thanks, good advice to ask for local anaesthetic. Apparently my cervix is further back than normal so I may need it.
Pages: 1 [2]