Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Please give me some hope ❤  (Read 2605 times)

Unicorn

Re: Please give me some hope ❤
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2022, 03:21:12 PM »

Thank you Vanillalover and Katherine! It's  such a weird feeling as I don't feel anxious when it's starts.... it feels more physical, if that makes sense? Horrible day today again, with constant pounding heart and hot face.... it doesn't let up.  I do sleep thank goodness, my sleep is still good which is a bonus 👍👍 xxx
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 03:22:47 PM by Unicorn »

Katherine

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2022, 03:50:20 PM »

Hi Unicorn, It's good to hear that you are sleeping well! Don't give up looking for a solution and you will get it sorted. I don't want to state what might sound obvious but I'll say it in case it helps in the meantime. If I feel anxious and desperately need to calm down I sit in a quiet place where I won't be disturbed and meditate by listening to my breathing. My mind keeps trying to think but each time I just go back to my breathing. If you can do this for even 10 minutes it really does have an amazing effect. To me it feels like stepping out of life for a bit then coming back a bit refreshed and sometimes I even figure out answers to things after that I had been thinking about before and couldn't. Wishing you the best xxx

Unicorn

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2022, 04:29:39 PM »

Thank you Katherine, the thing is, it feels worse when I sit down and do nothing as the heart thumps are much worse and the hot face 🥵  there there when I'm relaxed and there when I'm not xxx

Katherine

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2022, 04:49:04 PM »

Have you tried filling water spray bottle with water from the fridge and misting your face and neck? Sorry I'm not much help. I too have hot flushes but it tends to be sorted by just wearing cool clothing or a thin duvet instead of a thick one. I would try fans, a cold damp sweat band round my forehead and mist bottles as a temporary measure until you get it sorted. I really feel for you about the thumping heart. I get it if I drink alcohol, when it is wearing off my heart races and nothing will slow it down. Have you got another GP appointment soon? x

Unicorn

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2022, 05:15:35 PM »

Thank you so much Katherine ❤ you have been a huge help, honestly! I will try that tip.  I have a telephone consultation on Monday afternoon, with a different GP... she has been very good with my daughter, so I really hopes she knows something on perimenopause xxx

Katherine

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2022, 05:45:46 PM »

Oh good, that's not long to wait now, and the fact that she has been good with your daughter sounds very encouraging too. She might be really good on perimenopause and if she is unsure you could ask her if she knows anyone who knows more or you could ask her to find out. You could even try a different GP surgery if necessary. When I move to a new area I tend to try different GPs until I find a really good one and stick with them! Let us know how you get on xxx

Unicorn

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2022, 06:08:01 PM »

Thanks Katherine, I will do! I only used to have these symptoms for about 2 weeks but now they have ramped up... hoping my periods will stop soon and I will feel slightly more human again 😁 i don't know whether this is a perimenopausal thing too, but i have internal vibrations in my body xx
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 06:25:31 PM by Unicorn »

Nik2502

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2022, 09:10:02 PM »

Thank you Vanillalover and Katherine! It's  such a weird feeling as I don't feel anxious when it's starts.... it feels more physical, if that makes sense? Horrible day today again, with constant pounding heart and hot face.... it doesn't let up.  I do sleep thank goodness, my sleep is still good which is a bonus 👍👍 xxx

Hi

Apparently this is a symptom of menopause - I’ve got exactly the same thing. Feel physically anxious but I’m not actually anxious. It’s weird!
I’ve been given propranolol but not sure it helps x

Marchlove

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2022, 09:20:48 PM »

I think you might have a build up of stress that needs to get out, you won’t be able to breathe and meditate when you feel like that.
Exercise could use up too much energy, so thought is you could try shaking it out.
Simple technique of laying down and letting the body take over. Out of your mind and into your body. Don’t think about it! Feel it and if shaking happens that’s good!
Just like a wild animal in danger once the initial threat had passed they shake to get the negative energy out of their system.
Then they graze and you might then be able to meditate and bring calmness.
It takes practice x

Unicorn

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2022, 09:18:21 AM »

Thank you Nik and Marchlove.  I hope you feel better soon Nik and thank you Marchlove for your advice xxxx

VanillaLover

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2022, 10:06:12 AM »

I have the same thing exactly …my mood is often ok but inside I can feel the anxiety …. For me it tends to manifest in stomach so butterflies, not wanting to eat etc. Also shaking, sweating etc. not much seems to help. Usually worse in morning and wears off by evening.

I am just finishing four months of CBT, basically there’s not much you can do to stop the anxiety (which is obviously physical in case of peri and menopause) but it’s a matter of looking at it, seeing there’s no real cause and then just trying to move on with your day despite it. CBT has been useful for strategies to stop that physical anxiety spiralling into negative thoughts, stop it changing your behaviour (like avoiding things or situations for example).

But yes it’s so miserable!
Pages: 1 [2]