Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1114 times)

Ladybird

• First Flush
Hi
« on: February 28, 2022, 03:06:09 PM »

Hello,
Another newbie here. Thanks for having me. 
I'm 46, pretty sure I've been peri for several years (possibly since late 30s), coping ok for the most part, self prescribing vitamins, etc. (taking magnesium citrate, glycinate, malate, vit B complex, Vogel menopause support, omegas 3, 6, 7 and 9, as well as using Serenity cream (progesterone)).
I've been a little irregular, but not too bad until recently. Then I've had a 64 day cycle which ended with spotting/light staining, barely worth using a pad for for the most part, for about a month.  Then the heaviest period ever for me. I'm 8 days in, emptying a cup every 1-2 hours, backing that up with period pants/pads as well. I've very little pain, just the occasional mild cramp, but the bleeding is getting to the point where I can't go far from home.  Is there a way of slowing it? Where is it all coming from  ::) ;D I realise it's build up of womb lining, but surely there can only be so much of it  :o  I've started using the prog. cream daily to see if that will help slow it, but so far no good and I need to be somewhere tomorrow for several hours that I won't have easy toilet access at!! I've added Spatone in to boost my iron a little too.
Help please!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 03:18:43 PM »

Hi!  It's The Change, does what it says on the tin.  If you don't have access to toilet facilities I would cancel the day.  Not an archeologist are you?   ;). Every company should provide toilet access etc..

As for the brown blood: at the end of each very painful, heavy period I would have a day off then 2 with brown blood.  Usually that's old rather than fresh.  It was normal for me so I never worried about it.

Your GP can prescribe medication if the bleeding is very heavy.  The person who told me that a woman never loses more than a cup full of blood each month needs his head stuffed down a loo and the flush pulling  >:(

Let us know how you get on.

Ladybird

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 03:37:58 PM »

Thank you!
The brown was pre-heavy period, after 2 months of nothing, that was the month long staining. I always seem to get a bit of old before the fresh stuff, just not for that long!  I can't really cancel tomorrow, just checking where the public toilets are, I'll have to make my excuses  ;D
Chance of getting a GP appointment would be a fine thing. I'll have to give it a go if this doesn't calm soon.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 03:39:34 PM »

Is there a Nurse Practitioner you could speak with?  Where on Earth R U going that doesn't have a loo  ;D.  I have a PortaPotty that you can borrow ;-). 

Ladybird

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 05:18:02 PM »

I'll try the nurse practitioner first.
My midlife crisis is leading me to tattoos - the studio doesn't have a loo for customers (as seems a lot of places don't), but I think I've found somewhere nearby, so I'll take a break if I need.

Should have seen me at the weekend - 2hr drive then a 40 minute walk to the nearest loo - looked like a murder scene before I cleaned up.  And then services on the way back home was a repeat in the loo. I wish cubicles had sinks in public loos  ;D ;D ;D   The disability loo was tempting, but I would hate to hold up anyone needing it.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 05:52:13 PM »

However, heavy periods are a disability! 

OUCH!  A friend has artistic work nearly all over, collected from across the World. It looks FAB.. Can be painful though!  I wouldn't go anywhere that doesn't have a loo to use  :-\. I had to argue in our dental surgery - if they wouldn't let me use the loo if required, I wouldn't be paying the bill ;-)

Ladybird

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2022, 08:07:11 PM »

I'll see how I get on.  I go to the junior in the studio, poor girl doesn't need me causing a scene  ;D