Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Adrenalin surges/panic  (Read 622 times)

Smokey

Adrenalin surges/panic
« on: February 27, 2022, 06:57:47 PM »

Hi ladies

I just wondered how if any of you have panicking feeling how  you deal with them.

I try to get up and do something anything! to distract myself but sometimes it’s just impossible to escape from these overwhelming feelings. Sometimes I just want to scream!

Anyone have any tips

Smokey (Ann)

Gnatty

Re: Adrenalin surges/panic
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 07:39:56 PM »

I really feel for you, there is nothing worse. I would be inclined to seek some help as soon as possible in case they escalate. For me I needed medication. Some find that therapy and breathing etc helps but I think sometimes you just need a break so that you can gather yourself and put good healthy practices into place. Even just three or four days of beta blockers can calm the system down enough for you to draw breath and take stock. Mindfulness and meditation both have their place but as I say for me if the panic is severe then its just not enough. Good luck and don't try and deal with it all by yourself.

Feebs

Re: Adrenalin surges/panic
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 09:25:38 AM »

Hi, I am suffering with random anxiety and panic on waking (I think this is adrenaline). I take 10mg propranolol, and although I can still feel the anxiety and panic my heart rate is controlled so it doesn’t escalate into a full blown panic attack.  I do think it’s hormonal but not sure why HRT is not helping-I’m currently using 3.5 pumps. Hope you get sorted.