Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Daughters wedding  (Read 2034 times)

groundhog

Daughters wedding
« on: March 02, 2022, 01:03:01 PM »

Hi all,
My daughter gets married in 7 weeks.  As many of you know the last 7 years have been awful and I now have 2 stoma bags following surgical complications. 
I’m starting to look at make up etc for the wedding. A local doctor is advertising a moisturiser for menopausal woman called Empelle . It’s not cheap that’s for sure but when I researched it it mentioned menopause matters but did a search and can’t find anything. 
I’m just wondering has anyone heard of it or even bought it and whether you have any thoughts on it.
I feel old, fat and frumpy 🙈🙈🙈

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Daughters wedding
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 03:06:55 PM »

Likewise.  I feel fat but am not.

I feel frumpy - in what ever I wear.  I need a size 12 jeans to keep my tummy comfy, anything too tight simple Will Not Do, which hang too low on the bum area.  OK as long as I don't look in a shop window  :o  :-\

I wouldn't 'go' for anything new in your make-up regime this close to the wedding.  In case it causes spots  :o.  I would go to a make-up counter for advice, though not necessarily a full make up experience, again; in case of spots!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 03:28:51 PM »

I have tried all sorts of makeup over many years ….. Clarins is normally my favourite but it is pricey. My friend spent a fortune recently on Trinny makeup which is advertised on TV. 

For several months I have been buying BB tinted moisturiser from Aldi and it is wonderful.  My friend has switched to it from the Trinny stuff and says it is much nicer. It comes in 3 shades light, medium and dark and light seems to suit me. It is only  about £4 and honestly is brilliant.  I don’t think there is any miracle medical cream so I wouldn’t waste your money. 

I have felt old and frumpy for the last year or so and it’s getting me down.

Enjoy your daughter’s wedding.  Go and buy yourself a lovely loose tunic top (my mum had a stoma) and some smart, casual trousers  and knock em dead!! 

Postmeno3

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 03:33:32 PM »

Yeah, it's your presence that counts and I imagine that's what your daughter will be thinking, too. Some nice scent and perhaps some sentimental jewellery/accessories may give the best boost! Remember to give her "something borrowed", your courage!