Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Ovarian pain  (Read 897 times)

Nik2502

Ovarian pain
« on: February 24, 2022, 08:55:39 AM »

Morning ladies

Do any of you suffer from ovarian pain? Like they’re waggling around  ;D

I’m 52 and peri. I’ve had tests and nothing has been found. When I was younger I did feel myself ovulating monthly so wonder if they’re just trying!

Thanks x

Lyncola

Re: Ovarian pain
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 03:02:51 AM »

Yes I do, I’ve had trouble with them on and off since 24 years old. First I had ovarian cyst x4, two were large, I was bigger then a tennis ball, had unusual blood count. So had a big operation to have them all removed. I was then fine until 40 years old, and got the same terrible pains. Cyst on ovaries, and when they went to operate, they abandoned the operation because I had endometriosis. At age 44, they removed the small cyst, endometriosis and gave me a hysterectomy but kept my ovaries?

I’m now 47 years old and still get problems with the ovaries, it has improved, but with my 2-4 ultrasounds a year they found a year ago unusual cyst again. The only time I feel they now is when I’m normally would be due my periods. It’s usually a mild discomfort that can last 1 to 3 days. Sometimes I do need to take medication to be comfortable.

Can I ask for more details then waggling around, so I might be more helpful.
I just wished mine was removed with my hysterectomy, I went into menopause 4 months later anyway.

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 09:48:28 AM »

Yes I do, I’ve had trouble with them on and off since 24 years old. First I had ovarian cyst x4, two were large, I was bigger then a tennis ball, had unusual blood count. So had a big operation to have them all removed. I was then fine until 40 years old, and got the same terrible pains. Cyst on ovaries, and when they went to operate, they abandoned the operation because I had endometriosis. At age 44, they removed the small cyst, endometriosis and gave me a hysterectomy but kept my ovaries?

I’m now 47 years old and still get problems with the ovaries, it has improved, but with my 2-4 ultrasounds a year they found a year ago unusual cyst again. The only time I feel they now is when I’m normally would be due my periods. It’s usually a mild discomfort that can last 1 to 3 days. Sometimes I do need to take medication to be comfortable.

Can I ask for more details then waggling around, so I might be more helpful.
I just wished mine was removed with my hysterectomy, I went into menopause 4 months later anyway.

Thanks for your reply. It feels like they’re tingling then a cramp like pain. That’s the best I can describe.
I’ve no gynaecological problems.
I used to have painful ovulation and wonder if it may even just be phantom pain x

Lyncola

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 12:10:26 AM »

Is it a everyday problem, or does it comes and goes? And how long does the pain last for?
Before my hysterectomy, I use to keep a record, of how many times a day, and what type of pain.
It would be useful if you kept notes, just in case you see a doctor about the problem.