Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Co-incidence situations  (Read 1669 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Co-incidence situations
« on: February 24, 2022, 06:02:42 PM »

I've had lots of ESP experiences in my Life.  My Dad spent a lot of time in Hospital in the 1960s, I dreamt one night that he came home unexpectedly: the very next day, he did.

This week I've had 3 :   in late November I sent a friend a book, heard nowt.  With Covid and C.mas/New Year I let it go.  On Tuesday I was thinking about him a lot: Wed morning an e-mail popped up.

On Monday I wrote to a friend not spoken to since Dec.; I hadn't sent the letter but she rang yesterday afternoon.  Letter now sent.

Years++ ago I worked with a lady and we exchanged letters on a regular basis after I married.  She spent holidays with us several times.  After she went into assisted living we kept in touch until 4 years ago.  During this week I've wondered about ringing her flat phone to see if she is OK.  This afternoon her daughter rang to say that my friend passed 2 weeks ago.

Any1 else have similar happenings?

Amazing grace

Re: Co-incidence situations
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 07:19:03 PM »

A really interesting subject to post CLKD, I've have had similar experiences in life and whenever I talk about them and that almost Esp connection some say its just coincidence and nothing more, the most overwhelming feeling I had was in 1994, my lovely grandad had been ill for months with heart disease, he was in hospital, I had my daughters christening on the Sunday afternoon, my nan said she wouldn't attend as grandad was unwell during the actual baptism, I felt something strange, like a new life being welcomed as an old one left this world, i started crying the feeling was intense I had goose pimples all over my body, went to the after party and everything was fine, dad and mum went to visit grandad at the hospital that evening, only to return 3 hours later to say he had died, I already knew I felt him leaving.

I had repetitive dreams of a red car and being in an accident, for that reason I refused to ever have a red car, everyone said I was silly, years later I was involved in a bad car crash I was in a white car but the car that hit us was red.

Had a constant uneasy feeling when my eldest daughter went into labour 2 years ago, I kept having visions of her having a cesarean, after a 59 hour labour and her cervix closing up, and midwife insisting everything was fine, and she would deliver naturally, I got angry and said it was obvious she needed a cesarean, they said no, but at the 59th hour decided that was what was needed.
Coincidence or premonition? I don't know, but a really interesting subject.

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 07:50:58 PM »

My late Dad would have said 'female intuition'  ;)

My aunt had a menopause baby: she didn't tell any1, but when she met her MinL she was met with the words 'U R Pregnant'  :o.  She had known herself 3 days  ::)

Amazing grace

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 08:15:01 PM »

I agree with your late dad about female intuition.
It's a very strange phenomenon, but a fascinating one  :)

getting_old

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 10:54:56 PM »

I spoke to my mother the day before she died. She was totally healthy and planning a trip, yet she knew and I knew, and the next day I went into work and packed my things away as I knew I'd be out for the following days. That evening I got the call.

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 08:48:41 AM »

I get deja vu sometimes,it actually scares me a little at times

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2022, 09:51:34 AM »

deja vu is weird too. 

I sit here shaking.  In recent weeks I have been thinking of a friend from way back in the 1980s, we had corresponded intermittently until the 1990s when we wrote every 4-6 weeks. Due to her great age, late 90s and ongoing infirmity, it crossed my mind as to wether she was still alive.  This morning I opened a letter from her Solicitors - she has left me some money in her Will  :'(.  I am overwhelmed.  We shared an interest in gardening, walking, reading, dogs and good scenery.

Yesterday a friend's daughter rang.  Her Mum had died.  Last week I had wondered if I should ring to see how she was, although we hadn't spoken in recent years due to her being deaf.  She and I worked together in my very first job in the 1970s and we had written every November for a catch up.  As well as her staying with us several times.

DH asks me not to think about him ........... fortunately those people I don't like never appear .

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2022, 10:01:03 AM »

Awww clkd,how kind of your friend  :'(
When my sister died suddenly 4 years ago,we hadn't spoken for years(both pig headed) always was sad about it as she was a nice person,then one day,just last year,I decided to go onto her name on Google and there was this site where you can leave messages etc to loved ones who had died,which I did,the very next day my other sister phoned me to say my deceased sisters husband had just passed,freaked me out,why was I suddenly thinking about her after so many years etc,coincidence?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2022, 10:40:58 AM »

Shows she was still thinking about you too CLKD.
Take pleasure in the fact you knew each other, and your paths crossed.
Sounds like a good friendship to me.  :foryou:

Xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2022, 01:06:11 PM »

female intuition and I wonder if thoughts flit through the air waves

we certainly appreciated sharing news - better friendship than others I could name  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2022, 01:38:54 PM »

There have been many times  I have started thinking of people I haven’t seen for a while and then they phone or I see them.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2022, 05:28:53 PM »

Happens to me all the time!  A few months ago I bumped into someone I knew from primary schooldays.  We met at the doors of a large supermarket.  A few weeks later, different day and different time but it happened again!  It happened a third time and we laughed so much.  I was telling my husband about it and recently he came shopping with me. I was sanitising my hands at the door and someone said hello and used my name. I turned round and there he was again!  I introduced him to my husband and he said “i know you, you’ve done work at my house.” 🤣🤣🤣   I seem to have the ability to talk things up.