Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Patches..help!  (Read 1088 times)

Wheezybugs

• First Flush
Patches..help!
« on: February 22, 2022, 01:38:57 PM »

Hi there,
Wondered if anyone had any wisdom to share. I started HRT about 4 months ago with utrogestan 100 from day 12 to 24 and a body identical estrogen in patch form not sure of brand but the dose was 50. Initially I really struggled when taking the progesterone but by month 3 it settled and I generally felt much better apart from a day or so. At doctor review I mentioned the patches sometimes dried out and dropped off early so she changed me to a different brand evorel 75. Because of a cock up with prescription I was 1 week without patches. Now 2 weeks on new patches and the dread and anxiety is back. Could this be down to a change of brand? Or dose? Or both? Or neither?? So confused. And no faith in doc to ask her. Any advice gratefully received  :)

LucyDiamond

• First Flush
Re: Patches..help!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 02:32:44 PM »

Hello Wheezybugs!

I am muddling through this too. I have been on Evorel Sequi for around six months and have found the oestrogen phase (Evorel 50 patches) great. Now I have a question for others raised by your post- is the oestrogen in Evorel NOT bio-identical? I will ask Doctor Google too!

I WISH our doctors were better informed about HRT. I mean, menopause happens to half the population!

My personal opinion is that a change in dose/ brand CAN have an effect.

I went through a horrible experience in 2019 when I first tried Evorel Sequi. I had it for three months and then couldn't get it due to the mysterious shortages. My doctor gave me Sandrena oestrogen gel and Provera (progestin) and told me to take both every day. Well, I had over two weeks of horrible heavy bleeding which lead me to have a scan and ALMOST have a hysteroscopy. When I eventually saw a gyno at the hospital, he gave me another scan and told me everything looked fine. He had seen a lot of very worried women who had been messed hormonally because of the HRT shortage. Can you imagine how much money that cost the NHS too? It scared me off HRT for a while but I was getting a lot of symptoms which led me back to the patches. Now I am wondering about switching to what you are on- bio-identical progesterone and oestrogen patches. I posted about this above.

Anyway, I am still learning all about this whole menopause business as I go through it but I am sure there are some women here who will able to advise you more.

I wish you well.

Wheezybugs

• First Flush
Re: Patches..help!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 07:25:21 AM »

Hi Lucy, thanks for the reply. Yes they are body identical I think. It's all so annoying! I just want to feel normal and be confident someone knows what they are talking about! x