Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Vaginal Atrophy-question about discharge  (Read 2878 times)

N0tdeadyet!

• First Flush
Vaginal Atrophy-question about discharge
« on: February 25, 2022, 08:56:08 PM »

Hi I’m new to the site & have already had some help from reading through all your posts.

I have just been diagnosed with VA by my GP, who has prescribed Blissell gel to be administered for 1 week then twice weekly after. I’m almost 8 years post TAH.

I was in complete agony internally when I got to see my Dr & have been finding it hard to sit or stand for any length of time without the dreaded pain starting again, so I’ve just been lying flat to rest when it starts.

After 3 nights of using the gel I noticed smallish white lumps in the clear gel in the morning.
There is no milky fluid or itching like you would normally have with thrush.

I managed to get a chat with my GP again (feeling like a complete pain in the ass to her now) asking if this was normal. Her response was it could be debris or thrush, wait & see! 🙈 I’m assuming the debris is the dry skin or damage from inside working it’s way out. Has anyone else experienced this? I don’t want to leave what could be an infection growing.

I’m almost a week into this now & still extremely sore in there.

Any feedback at all would be helpful

Gracie

Re: Vaginal Atrophy-question about discharge
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 10:28:33 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I found this old thread that you might find helpful until someone else comes along that might have more info for you

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,50498.msg780049.html#msg780049

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 08:26:51 AM »

Hello NOtdeadyet!, welcome from me, too.
I have not used Blissel myself, but it can take quite a long time to see improvement with any of the VA treatments, so it is very early days for you. I note that the PIL for this product says the initial loading dose is three weeks, rather than the one week you have been prescribed. The loading dose for most other products is usually two weeks. However, maybe your GP had her reasons, and she sounds as though she is reasonably on the ball compared to some others.
As to the soreness you are experiencing externally, maybe an emollient (eg Epaderm or Hydromol) or an oil-based vaginal moisturiser such as Yes OB might help. Some find an ice pack can give relief.
There is a private Vaginal Atrophy Facebook support group that is excellent for advice and information (and sympathy!) which you might like to join. Several members use Blissel.
JP x

N0tdeadyet!

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 05:42:12 PM »

Thank you both so much for replying & your advice.

Joaniepat - I’m the first my Gp has prescribed the Blissell gel for so maybe she’s waiting to see what the outcome is rather than follow product guidelines.

Honestly think that having used the gel for a week it’ll need longer to stop any more damage occurring even with the limited amount of movement that I’m able to do.

I’ll definitely be contacting her next week because the discharge is still there & not reducing any.
In this for the long haul so shall update on how I’m getting on with it.