Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Weird ear symptoms  (Read 846 times)

IceLolly

Weird ear symptoms
« on: February 23, 2022, 10:18:14 AM »

Hi, I can't find any info on this on the web but thought if ever I might find someone else with the same symptoms, it would be amongst everyone here...
So amongst all the other symptoms I get (too many to mention), I've been increasingly having left ear issues. Occasionally, a deep inside the ear stabbing pain, but not too painful, sometimes buzzing, high pitched ringing, slightly muffled hearing and weirdly, a loss of sensitivity ie I can touch my ear with my fingers but my ear can't really feel it, and I don't hear the sound of my fingers touching it. It's just weird, and very disconcerting. It started to come on during my period, which have been heavy, and long, then stopped once flow stopped. But I've been getting it more often over past few months, and after my period last week, it hasn't gone away. Anyone else had this???

Turkish delight

Re: Weird ear symptoms
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 10:38:30 AM »

Hia,

Have a look through this thread IceLolly.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,60853.0.html

TD

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Weird ear symptoms
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 01:08:35 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax including the Eustachian tubes in the ear canal.  We call the itching 'spaniel ear'  ;D - intense itchiness too deep to get a finger in.

Some get throbbing tinnitus if they lay on an ear.  I have had tinnitus for years  ;D - there's a thread somewhere  ::). Sometimes if I give the affected ear a very good wriggle, symptoms ease for a while.