Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 861 times)

Brads

• First Flush
Anxiety
« on: February 25, 2022, 10:31:18 AM »

Hi, I have been taking estrogel 3 pumps, patches( equivalent to 4 pumps) and ultrogestan for 10 days per month and a pea size blob of androfeme for 7 months.

I had a follow up consultation with hrt clinic recently and due to some spotting, i was advised to take daily ultrogestan and that my pea size dose of androfeme was too small, so increase to a blueberry/ marrowfat pea size.

After about 2 weeks I noticed that my anxiety ramped up massively. My boobs were tender and I noticed I felt more hot.

The anxiety was causing me a problem so I contacted the clinic and was advised to go back to ultrogestan 10 days per month. I think I'm sensitive to ultrogestan.

Blood test showed that my estrogen levels were good but my testosterone was a bit low. They said I could try taking more androfeme for a few months but stop if I didn't feel any better. In unsure about trying this.

I'm really struggling with the anxiety to the point where I've been prescribed beta blockers.

In the last week I have dropped androfeme back to the pea side dose I was on prior to anxiety overdrive and back to ultrogestan 10 days per month (as the anxiety increased when I increased androfeme.) My breasts are still tender.

I'm sure the anxiety is hormone based. Can androfeme cause anxiety? Anyone got any advice please as I'm really struggling.

Nik2502

Re: Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 01:03:25 PM »

Hi Brads

Sorry you’re having problems.
I’m in a similar situation with Androfemme.
My testosterone levels were always on the low side of normal but now they’re on the high side. Have the worst anxiety and tearfulness so am now only using a small blob every other day and will see how I get on.
It’s a lot of trial and error x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 01:08:15 PM »

I would think any hormone alteration may well cause anxiety.  Why not drop the testosterone level a little if possible, mayB alternate days?  I don't know how long it takes for the body levels to change?