Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How long do you wait to apply other creams or lotions??  (Read 792 times)

Rockpea

• First Flush
How long do you wait to apply other creams or lotions??
« on: February 23, 2022, 08:10:24 AM »

Hi everyone, I’ve been a lurker on here for a year now and your posts have been super helpful thank you. I’ve been on Oestrogel, utrogestan and testosterone for some months now and feel so much better. Life is good again!

My question for you all is with regards to other creams and lotions you might want to apply. I like to use cellulite cream on my abdomen and rear/thighs, and body lotion on my upper body. But of course the HRT needs to go on first or it won’t absorb properly. It’s a bit of a faff having to shower, apply HRT and then wait an hour to deal with my other skin requirements! I’ve skipped the cellulite creams this past year due to applying Oestrogel to my thighs and have noticed a big difference so keen to get back on it again.

Do we really need to wait an hour? I guess I might have to get up a bit earlier if so! Which is a small price to pay given how much the HRT is helping. But I’d love to know how you all deal with this, thanks. I’ve noticed some mention that you apply Oestrogel to your inner forearms - does that work okay?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How long do you wait to apply other creams or lotions??
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 09:06:58 AM »

Morning.  Why not avoid the patches of skin for the moistorisors etc.?

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes ;-)

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 09:44:26 AM »

Rockpea - could i just ask how long have you been doing this gel regime?  I started this morning (3 pumps oestrogen, small pea size testosterone) and i felt light headed about an hour and half later. This scared me lol. I called the clinic and they said its not uncommon and this will settle.

How long did it take for you to feel better? Did you have anxiety?

Vicky xx

Postmeno3

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 09:49:23 AM »

Rockpea, I feel your pain! It can be a bit of a faff.
I've actually started showering in the early evening. It means mornings are free for everything else. I can just wet my hair and dry it if needs be and flannel wash important areas. 👍