Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Off balance/woozy head  (Read 4874 times)

Turkish delight

Re: Off balance/woozy head
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2022, 03:31:10 PM »

I think for me the spinny woozy feeling is from the drop on Prog, that's when I had it bad anyway, was in peri.

I do still have a bit of off balance feeling leaning to the left and having to correct my stride, which could also be something to do with blocked ears tipping our balance or center of gravity. Regardless all roads lead to meno as the apex source of most unexplained bad symptoms, this we now know.

CrispyChick

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2022, 04:14:05 PM »

That's interesting Turkish delight. It's the conclusion I came to after trialling the estrogen part of HRT...

However, I'm incredibly dissapointed to try progesterone treatment only and find my symptoms ramp right up to the point of horrific on my dizzy /motion sickness /nausea scale. There is a thing called 'estrogen kickback' which those in the States tell me can happen with low dose progesterone. As in, it reignites your estrogen receptors at lower doses. So this month it's make it break. Doubling the dose...

All so very disheartening.

I can feel my mood and aggitation have calmed with the progesterone, but that main poisoned feeling has ramped right up. Grrr. My ears feel really full too... So I always think the woozy /motion sickness is linked.

Has yours calmed now Turkish delight?

Amazing grace - if you're on estrogen only - are you feeling poisoned????

I am so glad to find you ladies.

My bhrt journey is in the 'is this the right place to discuss bhrt' in the alternatives section. Some of the lovely ladies using bhrt are helping me over there. It doesn't make good reading at the moment though. I wish I could say it worked...!

Amazing grace

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2022, 07:10:16 PM »

Crispychick, I do feel poisoned on estrogen only, I've been using it for almost 5 years now and have never found I've felt good on it, I've gone from gel to patches back to gel various doses of 25, 50 and 75 and equivalent on gel, I do always stay with one thing for 3 months or more so it's not because I'm not giving it long enough, it does control hot sweats for me I get none, unless I change go too low or too high, but that's it everything else I get it hasn't touched if anything it causes so many side effects, I've considered giving up on it, but doctors say at my age I need to take it, that's why I decided to buy progesterone myself to see if I feel any better using it, I think it's getting the balance right which I just can't seem to do, stick at two pumps and I get too low symptoms, go to 3 pumps I feel OK for a few weeks then too high symptoms start, very difficult, and very frustrating, I've been on hystersisters website where lots of them have the same problem on estrogen only hrt, so I'm hoping using the progesterone will help used it for the first time tonight so I will see what happens, I can't try oral hrt either because I have hemiplegic migraines, for me as if my body just doesn't like hrt, I so wish I was one of the lucky ones who uses it and feels good, I'm not expecting perfect just ok will do.

CrispyChick

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2022, 07:35:04 PM »

Oh... How interesting amazing Grace.

Yes, of course, hysterectomy at young age - you're told to take estrogen. But it makes u feel poisoned!!! Geez. So that's me with my own estrogen (I think).

Very good timing to find you then if you're just starting the prog. What type of progesterone??? Dose? Brand???

I'm on bhrt cream at the moment. Going back for bloods next month to see if I've been absorbing. I really can't take another month if it poisons me again though. I've just stopped for my period break - and, although still yucky, I'm not horrific now.

Amazing grace

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2022, 08:36:56 PM »

Crispychick, I brought the imagine dermatology Pro relief progesterone cream 300mg,in a pump bottle that gives 20mg of progesterone with each pump, using 1 pump a day, as recommended by ladies on a usa website, I know it's different from prescription progesterone and people will have different views about it, I have a friend in california and she also recommended it too me, she uses this and no estrogen and she has always felt good, so I'm hoping I get good results too, in the states they just buy it over the counter, wish we could in the UK, what is brht cream?, is that on prescription.

CrispyChick

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2022, 08:46:33 PM »

Great. Love to hear how you get on.

Bhrt is bioidentical hrt. So i'm getting cream made up from a compounding pharmacy here in UK. I've just finished a 3 week stint of 50mg per day.

Amazing grace

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2022, 08:55:56 PM »

I will let you know how it goes, good luck with the bhrt, I hope it brings you good results, I had no idea there were compounding pharmacy's in the UK, I know there everywhere in the States.

Mary G

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2022, 08:56:40 PM »

There seems to be a common denominator here - migraines.

Having read a lot of posts from the very knowledgeable dangermouse over on the Alternative Therapies section, it would seem that it's very common for women with migraines to feel poisoned by oestrogen if the level is too high and it is not opposed by natural progesterone.

This was not a problem for me until more recently when I started having problems with migraines and loose bowels if I take a high dose of oestrogen without progesterone - this is probably due to age and being very post menopause.   So it would seem to be about balancing your hormones.

CrispyChick

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2022, 10:56:46 AM »

Thanks Mary

I'm still not sure if I fit the profile of migraines, as my symptoms are continuous and constant... From the moment I wake. That said - I agree, I need hormonal balance.

I'm now on day 3 off the prog cream - hoping for a bleed tomorrow. That would be my normal withdrawal, if I've been absorbing. It didn't happen on the 25mg cream, but did on the 25mg tablet.

I'm still feeling very woozy with mild nausea. So perhaps not much different to being on the cream. And I have the added mix of stopping other hormones and supplements last week.  :-\

Ill be starting 100mg on day 1 of cycle. I am nervous. When I tried 100mg for 2 days last month I got intense head pressure. I'm wondering if I'd be better with a vaginal delivery route...

Amazing grace - compounding pharmacies certainly exist here in UK. They are only available via prescription from private clinics. It all works out very expensive as you need to pay for consult and bloods and the clinics insist on safety checks like mammogram and uterine scan. It makes it all feel very safe - but it is very costly.

Amazing grace

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2022, 01:56:29 PM »

Hi Mary,
Thanks for the information, migraines are an issue for me, I have hemiplegic migraines that have landed me in hospital on several occasions, I absolutely know that I need to find a better balance on hrt, I too get constant headaches on high doses of estrogen, hoping the progesterone cream with give me some sort of better balance, fingers crossed I will take a look and read the posts on the other thread on alternative therapys.

Crispychick,
I can imagine that is very costly going private, might have to be something I consider, as I'm fed up of feeling rubbish at 48 I feel 68, gp is rubbish and not very helpful. Good luck I hope you find something that suits you eases your symptoms.
Pages: 1 [2]