Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Inside Health - Radio 4. HRT and can we take it for life  (Read 887 times)

Taz2

Inside Health - Radio 4. HRT and can we take it for life
« on: February 16, 2022, 04:21:05 PM »

I've just listened to some of this and thought it may be of interest. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0014g0v  There are interesting statistics on the cancer risk of using combined HRT for five years compared with other risks such as obesity and alcohol consumption in women who do not use HRT.

Taz  :)

marge

Re: Inside Health - Radio 4. HRT and can we take it for life
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 04:40:15 PM »

I listened too; very interesting. I was also surprised about the info on fluid intake. I never feel l drink enough, but that doesn’t seem to matter at all.

laszla

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 01:38:58 PM »

Ladies, could you be so kind as to summarize the findings - do they say that the cancer risk from obseity and alcohol consumption in non HRT women are as great/greater than HRT?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 01:57:16 PM »

If taken for five years the risk is the same.

It says that if you are on combined HRT your breast cancer risk, if you take it for five years, is the same as someone not on HRT who has 4 units of alcohol (two 175ml glasses of wine) a day for five years. Regarding weight the difference in breast cancer risk between a woman not on HRT with a BMI of over 30 compared with someone not on HRT with a healthy BMI is the same as a woman who takes combined HRT for five years.

Taz x