Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Switching cyclical to continuous HRT. What was it like for you?!  (Read 993 times)

SeasideBetty

• First Flush
Switching cyclical to continuous HRT. What was it like for you?!
« on: February 14, 2022, 10:48:54 AM »

Hello! New here... what an amazing resource for info.  :)

Wondering if anyone can give some advice? I'm 55 have been on Estrogel/Utrogestan for 4 years taken cyclically. Worked well except bleeds were becoming more painful, and I'd begun bleeding early, before finishing my 12 days of utro... also fed up of the PMS associated with still having a "cycle". Enough now.... time to stop the "periods" for good and go continuous. But I'm bleeding in a haphazard way on continuous Utro. I know there's a settling in period when you start continuous HRT from scratch, but is there still months of settling in if you switch? I'm bloated, crampy and seem to be bleeding every two weeks. Presuming I'm post meno at this age? Should I be bleeding at all now? Thinking of switching back to a cyclical routine? But if you remain on cyclical HRT post meno, do you have bleeds forever??   

Turkish delight

Re: Switching cyclical to continuous HRT. What was it like for you?!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 02:36:00 PM »

Hia SeasideBetty great name  :welcomemm:

I don't have any experience to draw on here but I'm sure someone who does will chime in soon. Just wanted to welcome you in  :)

I do think you have a bleed on cyclical HRT what ever your age. Some here do carry on with that regime even after post meno due to some level of progesterone intolerance. Though I think you can stretch out the cycle so you are going for a couple more weeks on just the Oestrogel alone part of the cycle, I think   :-\

See what others say, I'm no expert, far from it. People here are very helpful, not offering advice as such but suggestions that you can talk through with a healthcare professional or GP.

Welcome once more  :D
TD

SeasideBetty

• First Flush
Re: Switching cyclical to continuous HRT. What was it like for you?!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 03:05:14 PM »

Thanks for the welcome, TurkishDelight! Likewise!

Currently have a GP phone consult booked for 25th Feb, such are GP waiting times ATM. And she's not particularly useful about menopause/HRT at the best of times.  So any useful info in mean-time much appreciated.

Not sure I can face periods into my 60s. But do struggle with the progesterone part of HRT and Mirena wasn't great for me. Lasted less than a month before removing!  :o