Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and discharge  (Read 1061 times)

Jules

Vagifem and discharge
« on: August 25, 2022, 07:27:33 AM »

I've just started using vagifem after an 8 months break becausei found regular use of Replens did the same job. I started with new symptoms though.  After 2 doses of vagifem, I have a constant discharge. Is this normal? Also I would like to continue with Replens. Does anybody use both together?

jaypo

Re: Vagifem and discharge
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 07:42:19 AM »

Can't comment about the replens but yes the discharge is normal with vagifem but do speak to the Dr or pharmacist if at all worried  :)

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 08:17:46 AM »

Are you using the replens high up along with the Vagifem, perhaps its dissolving too quickly?
I use Vagifem but only apply Sylk moisturiser just inside the vagina not high up.  I am sure I have read on here that others do get a discharge with Vagifem, but I've never had a problem with it.  Sorry not more helpful!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 08:59:37 AM »

Hello Jules. I would not use Replens as I have heard of many people having a bad reaction to it. Perhaps something like Sylk or Yes would be better as they have more natural ingredients. You can use both those with Vagifem.

Jules

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 09:03:35 AM »

I stopped using replens once I started the vagifem. You normally would insert the applicator high. Maybe I'll hold off with it to see how the vagifem goes. I stopped using that at christmas becausei got blood spotting so I'm not confident I'll be able to continue. Thanks for the replies.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 09:11:51 AM »

I stopped using replens once I started the vagifem. You normally would insert the applicator high. Maybe I'll hold off with it to see how the vagifem goes. I stopped using that at christmas becausei got blood spotting so I'm not confident I'll be able to continue. Thanks for the replies.

If you are unable to tolerate Vagifem then you could try Ovestin. It is a cream and I find it more tolerable. I think using vaginal moisturisers really helps too.

Ayesha

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 09:21:02 AM »

In my experience vaginal moisturisers are a vital ingredient to be used alongside other Vaginal Atrophy treatments.
Jules, you might find it will be trial and error getting the treatment right for you if you are now experiencing VA symptoms.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 09:42:21 AM »

Replens won't replace any oestrogen so swopping to 'vagifem' or 'ovestin' alone might give you an idea of what might be working.  There may be a discharge initially but as the appropriate VA treatment begins to plump up the vaginal walls that should ease.  I've never had a discharge ....... I apply 'ovestin' at night. 

Let us know how you get on.  There are other moisturisers applicable to VA which may suit you along with 'vagifem'. 

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 10:31:41 AM »

Jules when you say you were spotting,was it after using the vagifem? Twice now,I've had spotting but now realise I was scratching myself with the applicator

flossie fiddler

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 11:29:58 PM »

I find that if I use Vagifem and moisturiser at the same time, I get discharge. It’s just the pessary dissolving.

My regime is Vagifem twice weekly and around 5ml Yes VM twice or 3 times weekly but not on the same day I use Vagifem. That seems to control any discharge.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2022, 05:24:05 PM »

Hi Flossie.  I've been on Vagifem for 3 years and still get discharge.  My NP says it is the fillers that your body sloughs off so not to worry.  Some days nothing but other days, quite a bit.  I use vagifem 5x a week and may start cutting back and see if that makes a difference.

Lyncola

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2022, 05:43:21 AM »

I’ve been using Vagifem for about 4 years and never ever do I get discharge? I wonder if have a hysterectomy makes the difference? Before my hysterectomy (no Vagifem been use at this stage) I always had discharge? I often wonder about this when ladies complain about discharge?