Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Strange reply on Menopausal Matters Facebook  (Read 1248 times)

Lyncola

Strange reply on Menopausal Matters Facebook
« on: February 13, 2022, 10:51:46 PM »

Good morning ladies,
Just a warning about posting reply’s on the Menopausal Matters Facebook page. A lady said she angry at her husband because of menopause. I reply back a comment about “how I was angry in my second year of menopause because I was molested as a child, and blame my parents”

I had a reply from Richard Cafford which read as “Wow you look so charming and beautiful I love your pretty smile on your face sorry for dropping this on your privacy your profile is so attractive that why I did what I did, would you mind sending me a friend request so we can be friends, I hope you don’t mind”

Why would a guy be on a menopause group, and why is he hitting on me when I’m talking about being molested as a child? I have sent a complaint to menopausal matters on messenger, don’t know if they will see it. It came up with a message that must be sent to anyone that doesn’t apply to my message?

Just thought I would worn everyone, and does anyone know Richard?

dahliagirl

Re: Strange reply on Menopausal Matters Facebook
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 11:03:00 PM »

He sounds well dodgy.  Certain men hit on what they take to be a vulnerable target.  Report.  Is there a group moderator?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 12:02:01 AM »

Facebook is less than ideal for personal stuff because most people use their real name. Can't imagine many men have a reason to be in a meno group except possibly to support their partner but then why hit on you. Admin must have known he was male when they let him join.
If there are men on this site I doubt we would know.

Lyncola

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 12:35:56 AM »

All good, they have banned him from the page, apparently I wasn’t the only one he harassed. I imagine he saw much of my Facebook profile as it’s sent on private.
I’m in the vaginal atrophy group, which is a private group, so wasn’t thinking as I was typing that it was menopausal matters group.
I don’t really care if my friends or family see what I’ve written, but it would be interesting if my parents did. As I blame my anger at them. And yes I tried telling my mum years ago, she just got upset and has never talk about it again. So I tried when I was having my bad menopause year to both mum and dad on the phone. And they just kept talking like I didn’t say anything?

Anyway I’m happy he has been blocked, so if anyone ever has any problems please complain like I did  :)

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 12:19:05 PM »

I am in that group too - I am sure they did not let him in intentionally and am glad they dealt with it swiftly. 

I have been spammed with dodgy messages on Mumsnet before and reported it.  Apparently it is not an unusual occurrence and they usually block them straight away.

Always report and follow through if necessary.  It is always wise, when writing anything on the internet, to be mindful of those watching.