Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Various questions, sorry for the vague title (?'s in bold)  (Read 802 times)

Dandelion

Various questions, sorry for the vague title (?'s in bold)
« on: February 13, 2022, 06:45:58 PM »

Questions in bold, rest of post relevant though.

I take 100mg oral utrogestan and 100mg of vaginal progesterone together with my 25mg of oestrogen patch and the doctors know about this.

In the past, I did need to go upto 100mcg evorel patches to control the horrendous symptoms from lack of oestrogen.
Bad IBS, intolerable flushes, night sweats and anxiety.

Abnormal bleeding, and small fibroids, were the reason doctors and myself decided to lower the oestrogen a few times, after hysteroscopy, rather than, decreasing meno symptoms.

Fortunately, however, now I am on 25mcg patches, I can live with some remaining physical symptoms like needing a fan in bed, sweating after a 5 minute walk in Winter.

I decreased the evorel to 25mcg, I think, around March, last year, and thankfully did not get IBS back.
Since December, however, I have had loose stools, not nearly as bad as the IBS I had earlier in perimeno, but embarrassing, as I get smelly gas, and use the loo several times a day, so I don't feel I can go out on the days I don't take something for the loose stools as I don't like stinking public loos out.
Why has it taken so long, since the reduction in evorel, to get loose stools back?

Given I am on 200mg utrogestan, am I correct in saying this remaining anxiety is also due to lack of oestrogen?

Regarding progesterone, I read on various scientific sites (sorry I didn't keep the links) that the bio-availability of vaginal progesterone is greater than that of oral utrogestan and that it circulates around the body, including the brain.

I know that oral progesterone has to go through first pass liver process.
Why, then, given that both oral and vaginal progesterone circulate around the body's whole system, including the brain, does only the oral make you sleepy, yet the vaginal doesn't?

« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 06:49:35 PM by Dandelion »

Dandelion

Bump please :)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 03:26:40 AM »

Hello

Was wondering if someone could help.
Dunno why I have just started getting loose stools since December last year, when I reduced my evorel months before that.
Thanks

Lyncola

Re: Various questions, sorry for the vague title (?'s in bold)
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 05:57:54 AM »

Hi Dandelion,
I can help you much on HRT, as my doctor won’t let me have they due to ovary problems.
But with the loose bowels, l had that last year went from January 2021 to January 2022.
Usually I have a very high fibre diet 30-35 grams per day because of piles and fissure. But last year my bowels got very loose and I had to cut right back on the fibre. I have no reason why, my doctor thought maybe the amitriptyline medication. But I stopped that for 3 months then went back on 4 times the amount and I’m still on it. So nothing to do with that, the only thing I could but it down to is menopause. I do have IBS, that started two and half years ago? But my normal IBS symptoms is just a very sore stomach. And only one time I ate something and four hours later with terrible stomach pains I poop three times in 30 minutes. And I’m still not sure what I ate that set my off?
Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

Lyncola

Re: Various questions, sorry for the vague title (?'s in bold)
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 06:00:19 AM »

Sorry something else to add, on another post a couple of over menopausal ladies were complaining about loose bowels too, and they had no idea why?
That’s why I think hormone’s