Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: over the counter hrt  (Read 1485 times)

daisie

over the counter hrt
« on: February 13, 2022, 10:28:11 AM »

do you think hrt should be sold over the counter in the uk its not a lethal drug its homones what our bodies produce as we all know i dont see any medical reason why it shouldnt .we can overdose with everything thats sold over the counter the things to relieve our viruses  aches and pains ect

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: over the counter hrt
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 12:52:10 PM »

Nope.  Initially we should be able to see a GP for advice  ::) and once an HRT regime helps, then some products should be avialable to save time.  Whether they will be cheap remains to be seen?

Knowing how many women don't give HRT enough time to work, leaving side effects to 1 side, it could prove to be very expensive if 1 keeps trying different types of HRT.  Then the woman will say 'well that didn't work'  :-\

daisie

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 09:31:05 AM »

good point .i mean once  you have your prescription from the doctor for what ever suits you that you could be able to buy what ever you need over the counter if you run out of it

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 05:14:06 AM »

Nope.  Initially we should be able to see a GP for advice  ::) and once an HRT regime helps, then some products should be avialable to save time.  Whether they will be cheap remains to be seen?

Knowing how many women don't give HRT enough time to work, leaving side effects to 1 side, it could prove to be very expensive if 1 keeps trying different types of HRT.  Then the woman will say 'well that didn't work'  :-\
Remember that only local HRT will be available otc not systemic. However I do wonder whether some pharmacies might try to refuse it to women on systemic HRT? It may also become more expensive for women who previously had it on prescription.